Elizabeth <3 Chapter 4: Emily's Visit

Chapter 4: Emily's Visit

David's POV

At first she just stood there and stared at us. Me, Lily, my arm around her waist, then back to me. Neither me or Lily moved. Suddenly, I remembered what Emily had said earlier about me and Lily dating. I shook my head to clear the thought and looked at Emily. "Well?"

"Just came to, uh, you know, check on Lily. She seemed to be pretty sick at dinner. Did you take her to the nurse?"

Lily started shaking again and I pulled her onto my lap. "Thanks, Emily, thanks a lot." I said, trying to calm Lily down again. It did not seem to be working.

"What?! What did I do?!" she still stood in the doorway, not knowing what to do.

"I-I-I..." was all Lily could mange to say.

"Shh. It's okay. I'm not taking you there. I said I wouldn't, so I won't. A promise is a promise." She seemed to calm down a little bit. I sighed in relief and stroked Lily's long black hair, trying to calm her more.

Emily finally said something, "What the hell?! Take her where?! And what is wrong with her?"

"She hates doctors. I have not figured out why yet. But for now, I am not asking because obviously, she doesn't want to talk about it. And she had stopped shaking...until you came along and screwed everything up."

"Well sorry, 'Mr. Perfect'. Gosh. And will you two stop acting like you're dating?! It's kinda creping me out."

Lily shifted on my lap and looked at Emily. "And if we don't?"

"You mean...you really are?! Oh, wow. I'm leaving." She turned and walked out of our cabin.

Lily moved so that her head was lying on my lap and she was lying curled up on the bed, using my lap as a pillow. "Well then."

"That was kind of an odd visit." I said.

"Seriously!"

"So what did you mean when you said, 'and if we don't?' ? Does that mean we're...dating now then?"

"Actually, that just kinda slipped out. But hey, on the other hand, it did get her to leave us alone."

"Oh." I looked at the head of her bed so she couldn't see my face. I didn't know how surprised and/or disappointed I looked. She brought her knees up and then said, "What do you think people would think?"

I shook my head. Okay, that was a totally random question... "What?"

"If we were dating...what would people think?" I shrugged.

"To tell you the truth, Lily, I really don't know."

"Well," she said, trying to sit up. I helped her up and she sat on my lap. "There is one way to find out." She laid her head on my chest and wrapped her arms around me.

I smiled. "Emily's gonna get a kick out of this."

She looked up at me and smiled. "That's for sure." She giggled.

I stretched and yawned.

"Sleepy much, David?"

"Uh, yeah, actually. Just a little bit." I laughed softly.

"Wanna go to bed?"

"I could go to bed...but aren't you hungry? It's 9:30 and you never ate dinner. I don't want you to get sick on me..." I laughed, "Literally, you are sitting on my lap."

She laughed too, "Yeah, I actually am pretty hungry...but I don't have any food with me...and I know the cafeteria don't serve people this late. So I guess I'll just have to wait 'till breakfast." She shrugged "Oh, well."

"Wait. I might have something in my bag." I picked her up and sat her on the bed next to me then got up and walked over to my bed. I grabbed one of my bags and unzipped it and started looking through its contents.

"Found something! But, uh, you might not want it." I laughed.

"I highly doubt that. I'm starving."

I shrugged and tossed her a half-eaten Snickers bar. "Enjoy."

I heard a quiet thud and hurried back to Lily's bed. Oops. Threw it too hard. The candy bar hit her in the head...

"Oh my God, I am SO sorry! I didn't mean to-"

"David! Calm down! I'm fine, see?" she laughed and removed her hand from the spot where the Snickers had hit her. "Oh, by the way, thanks." She said, still laughing softly.

"Huh? For what? For hurting you?"

"No, silly. For the food...even though you chucked it at my face."

"I said so - "

"David, I was kidding! You don't do well under pressure, do ya?"

I shrugged. "Guess not. But I'm not perfect. Now are you going to eat that, or would you rather I finished it myself?"

She laughed. "I think I can manage." She peeled the wrapper down and shoved most of it into her mouth and I started laughing.

"What?" I could barely understand what she was saying because she had not bothered swallowing.

"Oh, nothing. Carry on."

She shrugged and finished the candy bar. I sat back down next to her and offered her the bottle of Root Beer I was drinking. She took it and took a drink, then handed it back to me.

"Ready for bed now?" I asked as I put the cap back on the bottle.

"Yep." She yawned and I hopped off her bed, I watched as she pulled back the covers, not bothering to put any pajamas on, and laid down, then I did the same.

There was only one lamp on in the room, the one on my bedside table. I reached up and turned it off.

"Night." I said softly.

"Night-night."

Then I let unconsciousness take over.