1

Brown skin...smooth, gleaming, soft brown skin danced in the growing moonlight. The ceremonial drums sang as their sound echoed in the night. It was a special night, a night of celebration that would inevitably last, as was tradition, well into the next day. It was a coming of age ceremony and still, despite the excitement and festivities around him, he was completely uninterested. The raging fire set in the pit of the camp grew by the minute, eight "new women" danced around it, their bodies scantily clad, dressed in traditional garb.

The people chanted, the song as old as time and yet still as new as it could ever be. Scented oils were poured along the women's' backs as they danced, the smell of rose and coconut scenting the air. Breast bobbed, hips gyrated, skin glowed under the moon's watch. Fumnaya could not stifle the yawn that passed his lips. His best friend, Akua, noticed and sighed with exasperation.

"Should you not be the happiest here?" Akua said teasingly.

Fumnaya huffed, leaning back in his throne. The boredom was unsuppressed. He could not help it. For years he had felt a void, one that seemed to grow deeper, lonelier with each passing year. He could not understand why, his needs were always met. He lacked nothing, craved for...nothing? And yet he was not satisfied, nor complete.

"And why?" Fumnaya mumbled as he glanced in his friends direction, "must I be happier than the rest of my people?"

Akua merely smirked, "What silliness, you are prince. You know this."

"It is just a title. One that has been mine since before I was bairn."

"These women are now open for your attentions! They are of age, you may have them if they fancy you. And as prince, what woman of the tribe would deny your affection?"

Fumnaya tsked, still not convinced. He knew what he had. What was inevitably his right to ask for...to seek out. But again, he did not lack companionship, nor did he lack sexual satisfaction. For when he craved the touch of another he merely called for a woman willing. And because he was the prince, they seemed always willing.

"I am in no need of more bed partner's. But you may call upon them if you wish." Fumnaya said, a small grin growing on his lips. He knew Akua better than anyone and vice versa. Akua had always been lustful, never sated or full. His sexual exploits were that of legend. It was a known fact that he enjoyed women, a little too much in Fumnaya's opinion, but such was not frowned upon in his camp. Sex was no secret, bed partners were encouraged, pleasure and euphoria were expected to be experienced.

Akua laughed wholeheartedly. "I will take what you allow, your highness."

"Do not start with formalities." Fumnaya warned playfully.

"You are starting to cheer up, this I am glad to see. It is a wondrous night, enjoy it. Do not frown. Your father would have your hide if he caught such a look on your face. Your mother would do the same."

Again he tsked, "Lucky for me they are much too busy enjoying the festivities?"

The look of forlorn melancholy crossed his face once more, his attentions once again lost on the emptiness he felt. Akua sighed once more before standing, placing one hand, fisted, on his hip and the other, he used to point an accusing finger at Fumnaya. "Enough. Come, we will go and gather our friends and then we shall sneak off. We shall whisk you away, kidnap you."

Fumnaya perked up slightly, raising a brow at Akua, "Have I no say?"

"No. Come on you fool." Akua mumbled playfully as he swiftly climbed from the pedestal in which the royal line sat and disappeared into the crowd.

Excitement coursed through Fumnaya as he drummed his fingers once, twice, against the armrest of his throne. Once a good five minutes went by he stood abruptly and took the steps two at a time until his feet hit the soft embrace of the earth. His eyes wandered to his mother and father throwing oils and chanting songs, to his people with smiles on their faces and dance in their steps.