I Can't Help Falling In Løve With Yøu

-Skylar-

About halfway through the reception, the DJ informs me that our dance is coming up. I sneak over to my mother and gently touch her shoulder. She jumps a little, "Oh, honey, you scared me!" She smiles.

I smile back, "Mom can you hand me my phone? I'm gonna go into a separate room and call dad."

She hands me my phone, "If he gets to be too much feel free to hang up, okay?" I nod in agreement.

I slip into another room and sigh before calling my dad. It rings for a few seconds but he picks up and the camera springs to life. I sit there dumbfounded because I haven't seen my father in so long, what do I say?

"Skylar?" he starts.

"D-dad?" I stutter.

"Oh, sweetie, you look beautiful," he coos.

I smile and stare at my shoes, "Thanks."

There's a slight pause before he breaks the silence, "Is everything alright?"

I purse my lips and look at the camera, nearing tears. I smile, "Everything's great. I'm marrying the man I love today!"

"If today's so wonderful, why do you look troubled?"

He seems like he's had a change of heart. Do I trust him?

"Things are different, Dad." I stare at my feet again.

"Well, yes, you're much older now. Much more mature."

"I'm talking about us. Things are different between us," I say quietly.

I hear him sigh on the other end, "Indeed. I-I don't know where to begin. I don't know if you could ever forgive me for what I've done in the past, I certainly won't make you... but I'm sorry. I... The doctor says I'm way better!" he smiles sorrowfully, "I've gone years without going near alcohol, not that I could, but still."

"That's great!"

"I wish I could be let out. I want to see you guys again. You, your mother, your siblings... I know I'm a lousy excuse for a father but I really do miss you guys. You all went to college and I never saw you nor Brooke graduate," he rambles.

"Dad I'm gonna cry. But I can't because I have makeup on," I explain.

"Sorry," he giggles. My father and I sit in silence staring at each other for a few moments when Tyler walks in.

"Hey S-- What's this?" he asks.

"This is my dad. Dad, you remember Tyler, right?" I say and he gets in the camera with me.

"Oh, Tyler. I'm so sorry," he puts his head in his hands, "Please, treat my baby well."

"Dad!"

"I will, sir."

My dad smirks, "You still respect me enough to call me sir?"

"Well, you're my father-in-law and you seem like you've taken a turn for the better," Tyler smiles. He turns to me, "Babe, the dance is coming up like.. now."

"Shoot, Dad, I'm gonna let mom hold you while we dance, okay?"

"Sounds good."

We walk out to the dance floor where I hand off my phone to my mom.

The DJ grabs the microphone, "If I could have everyone's attention, at this time we're going to have the bride dance with the father of the groom."

Well I didn't expect that. I thought we were skipping this part since my dad isn't here. We both step on the dance floor and I feel everyone's eyes on us.

We dance to Never Gonna Give You Up because we're cool and don't follow tradition. Tyler and my mom dance to Hot N Cold. Then it comes to mine and Tyler's dance.

"Are we gonna dance to Who Let The Dogs Out?" I laugh.

"No," my husband smiles.

Husband.

I search for my mom in the audience and there she is, kneeling smack-dab in the center with the camera traced on me. I look back and Tyler's gone.

Aw jeez.

Where could he have gone? To the bathroom? Maybe he's nervous. But why? He performs in front of bigger crowds.

"Hey," I hear in a microphone.

"What the--" I whip around and start laughing and cupping my mouth in my hands. Tyler is right behind me with a microphone clipped to his suit.

He clips one to my dress and I hear someone whistle. I can't help but blush.

"Are we on?" Tyler asks. Silly whoops come from the guests. I giggle and the microphone picks it up. I jump a little at the sound.

"Come with me," Tyler grabs my hand and leads me to the grand piano up on the platform.

I sit on the bench. "Your dress is taking up all the room!" He laughs.

"Squeeze on, silly." At this point we're nothing sitting on the bench. (A/N: I'll be honest, is rereading this and I have no idea what this is supposed to say so I'm just gonna leave it like this..)

"You play the right hand."

"To what?"

Tyler begins to play I Can't Help Falling In Love With You. I smile.

"Wise men say 'Only fools rush in'
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay, would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so we go," he sings.

Then I join in, "Some things
Are meant to be, oh," he hops up.

I just look at him like a confused puppy, "Well come on!" he smirks, holding out his hand.

"Take my hand," and I do.

"Take my whole life too," he pulls me close.

"'Cause I can't help falling in love with you," Tyler and I start to slow dance in the middle. He sings beautifully with or without music.

"Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so we go
Some things
Are meant to be

Take my hand
Take my whole life too
'Cause I can't help falling in love with you

'Cause I can't help falling in love with you," and I kiss him.