Engaged

*about a month after the funeral*
-Tyler-

I've known her almost my entire life, I've dreamt about this moment. Josh, Skylar and I planned an afternoon out at the local creek. After the picnic, we'd swim. At least, that's all that Skylar knows about.

I fiddle around until I feel the velvety box in my swim shorts. "Stop playing with it, you'll give it away," Josh warns me. Just then, Skylar exits her house, picnic basket in hand. She hops in the passenger seat of my car.

"Everyone okay to go?" I ask.

"As always," she smiles.

"Yes, sir," Josh tried to his smirk.

When we arrive to the area, Skylar immediately gets to work on setting up. "I'll help!" Josh rushes to her aid.

Even with her loose Fall Out Boy t-shirt and athletic shorts on she still looks absolutely gorgeous.

"Come on, Slowpoke," she jokes.

***
After our late lunch, Skylar jumps up shouting, "Alright boys, time to swim!!" She rips her shirt off, revealing a dark blue bikini top that compliments her hair very nicely.

"Actually, I had something else in mid before hand.." I trail off, nervously getting on one knee.

"Tyler, what.." she trails off placing her hands over her face.

I shakily open the box, "Skylar Olivia Ferry, will you marry me?"

I see just barely get a glimpse of the sparkle in her eyes before she engulfs me in a hug shouting, "Yes!"

I place the ring on her finger and she pulls me into a kiss. I hear Josh on the side clapping, making me laugh halfway through the kiss.

She holds my face and looks me in the eye, "Now can we swim?" I burst out laughing for no apparent reason. She rips off her shorts and runs towards the water only to rush back and carefully set the ring in the box, "I don't want to lose it the first day, okay?"

"Good choice, good choice," I smirk.

"Cannonball!" Josh shouts, jumping in the quite shallow creek. When did he strip and when did he walk over there?

I guess it's my turn. I carefully take off my shirt and go to run in but slip in mud and fall in. When I surface, I hear two idiots cackling at me.

"That was graceful," Josh wheezes. I feel my fiancé climb on my back.

"Thank you," she whispers in my ear.

"No need to thank me," I smile, "But I'd do anything for you."

"Anything?" She raises an eyebrow.

"I'd swallow poison if it tasted like you."

She giggles, "How flattering."

All I see is a flash of red before Josh surfaces in front of me and climbs my front side, "I love you too, Tyler!!" I scream and we all go crashing down.

I surface and see Skylar has a devilish look on her face, "Oh it's on, Joshua Dun.." With that she hops on his back shouting, "To infinity and beyond!"

I smile uncontrollably, I think marrying her may just be one of the best decisions I've ever made.