13 | Concealed

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating

LEXCORP TOWER
Aug 2, 01:03

"She has a broad range of usefulness to us," explained Lex Luthor to a set of monitors.

"Yes," agreed Ra's al Ghul. "But she has yet to prove her allegiance to the Justice League to be completely severed."

"It's been dealt with. There's no threat."

"Well, I'M curious!" Klarion blurted out, rubbing his hands together. "What CAN she do? What chaos can she bring?"

"Her agility and ability with fire is extraordinary but there's something else she has shown that could prove quite... handy." Luthor played a clip and watched his colleagues eyes widen. Klarion's familiar, Teekl, purred loudly.

"Comme c'est beau!" The Brain exclaimed.

"Could that be used against-" Savage said incredulously.

"Yes. My team has ran tests on our Cadmus clones. She is quite effective."

"How compliant is she? What does she know of our mission?" Queen Bee asked.

"She harbors intense anger towards the League and their sidekicks. Anger fuels her but also blinds her to anything else. As long as we point her in a direction, she'll do the rest without question. As far as our mission goes, she knows The Light exists but nothing more. What the Justice League knows, she knows."

"Which isn't much. They are still busy with their missing hours. Good. So, what do we call our new asset?" Savage asked.

"She's chosen the name," Luthor paused, "Pyrrha."

CADMUS
Aug 5, 09:14

"No masks. No helmet." I waved at the lineup of designs a small woman had laid on the table in my room. "I want to be seen."

"Yes, miss." The purple haired woman placed the mockups back in her black portfolio. I always wondered who helped the villains with their suits. It was a public thing for the League with the designer garnering attention for making the suit of a hero but I never knew who would choose to make them for the bad guys. After seeing how much Luthor was paying this woman, I could see that she didn't need publicity.

"How's the meeting going?" Luthor walked in.

"Wonderful, sir," she pulled out a tablet and put in our latest choices to make a 3D model and handed it to Luthor. "Miss Pyrrha has great taste."

I scrutinized Luthor's face for his reaction and was surprised at how relieved I was at his genuine interest.

"Amazing. Absolutely perfect, Mauve. Your finest work yet. I bet it will look great on you, Darling." He turned and smiled at me with his classic Luthor charm. I focused myself to keep from glowing.

"I hope it looks well. I need to make an impression." I admitted.

"Impression? With the Justice League? Darling, we talked about this. You have to wait for the right moment-" I raised my hand to stop him.

"So how'd the meeting go?" I locked eyes with him, preparing to utilize his tutorial on the bishop chess piece.

"What meeting?" He lied straight to my face but his eyes never gave him away.

"Luthor-"

"Lex." He corrected.

"No. I'm asking--very nicely--about your secret meeting with The Light." His once-smug face was now a stone. "I know about The Light, Luthor. More than what you think I know and more than you want me to know. Did you really think you could leave Batman's sidekick in a building with this many secrets and not the have your plans discovered?" I smirked.