Myra

Harry Styles - Falling

I gasped. I jerked up from my bed and panted. I looked around and saw my room. My head was swirling and sweaty.

Did I just dream about Josh? Yes, yes I did.

I groaned and forced myself to get out of bed. I must've passed out. I tried to erase the dream from my mind, but I couldn't.

That hug felt so warm. I rolled into a ball and cried. The salty water dropped down my face one by one. I wanted to see him. I need to see him.

I wonder...if he even remembers me.

I wonder...if he recognized me too. 

Josh

"Joshua, I need you to come to the office building where I am staying and where we will be working. I have exciting news for you," my uncle said over the phone. 

"Sure, I'm on my way."

...

"Joshua, meet the man who supports our company," my uncle said as soon as I came in the room.

A man with grayish hair in a suit stood before me. He was tall and old. Maybe 45.

"Hello, sir. I'm Joshua,"greeted. I reached out and shook his hand. "I'm Rick." He cleared his throat. "Well, I'm just going to get right to business." He looked at me in the eye.

"Tell me, Joshua. Do you want this company?" Rick asked seriously. I nodded. "Yes, sir. I want to continue my uncle's business and make it bigger than it is now."

He examined me. "Hm...will you risk things to save or help this company?" Confused why he was asking this, I answered honestly. "It depends on what it is. I can't risk things that will affect me or others deeply."

He exhaled, thinking. "Very truthful answer. Joshua, meet my daughter, Myra. She's my only daughter and I want you to marry her for the sake of the business."

My eyes widened. What the fuck?

A girl entered the room. She had blonde hair and was wearing a simple, white dress. She looked at me with her blue eyes before walking to her father.

I didn't have any words. My uncle pulled me to him and whispered, "Take Myra out with you to dinner tonight. Get to know her."

He then smiled at Rick. "They'll be perfect."

////

Alrighty, another chapter reread and fixed up. I admit, I'm pretty exhausted right now but I got nothing else to do so I might as well do this LOL. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna connect the story because so much has already been written. ;( 

This was a short ass chapter because I was in a rush when I first wrote and published it. But chapters are meant to vary so it is what it is. 

Remember to stay indoors and wash your hands! Stay safe, everyone. 

Caroline