Unforgivable Acts

Kane Brown, John Legend - Last Time I Say Sorry

Josh had sent hairdressers, MUAs and stylists to our hotel room in order to get ready for the event his uncle's business was holding. 

It was now 6:38 pm. 

They arrived at 4. We've been getting ready for two whole hours and I still wasn't ready. The makeup artists, Kat and Erin were busy glamming us away, not telling us what look they were giving us. 

"Do I look okay?" I asked Kat. She continued working on my eye makeup. "Honey, you look gorgeous. I didn't even need to do much. Usually the models I work on need lots of touch ups and quite a thick layer of foundation, but your skin is flawless." 

I smiled. "Thank you. When can I see myself?" Kat moved onto my cheeks. "Once I finish doing your lips. Any minute now." 

I couldn't move my face unless Kat moved it for me so I tried to look over at Holly on my left who was getting her makeup done too. I couldn't really see her face, but my peripheral vision basically gave me the idea that she was nearly done too. 

"All done," Kat said as she finished applying the lip gloss. She handed me a handheld mirror and I looked at my reflection. My face was contoured beautifully and Kat had added a little bit of blush for color. My foundation wasn't too full coverage but the amount she put on made my face look flawless. Kat stuck to neutral colors on my eyes, but since it was the evening, she made it neutrally smokey. As for my lips, a nudish dark gloss to pair with the eye look. 

Another hour was spent on hair. The hairdresser, Patty, gave me an elegant bun with some curled strands of hair loose in the front of my face. Then the stylist, Joanna, handed me a beautiful cocktail dress for the night. 

I put it on and then looked at myself in the full body mirror. Kat helped me put on the necklace that Josh bought for me. I paired it with some diamond earrings that Joanna brought. 

I felt like a whole different person. I felt EXPENSIVE. And I was feeling myself. Never once had I had the time to doll up and feel this beautiful. I knew I looked amazing and no one was going to make me feel otherwise. 

"OOH, girl!" 

I turned around once I heard Holly's voice. I laughed and went over to her. "You look amazing, H. Maybe better than me," I joked. 

She scoffed. "Bitch please, I KNOW I look better that you." I rolled my eyes and examined her dress. It was a different style but also a cocktail.