Chapter 6

“It’s madness out there,” says Speckled.

“We know. Because of what Peeta has said.” Blight says,

“I really don’t know what would happen. They have cancel the recap of the show.”

“Be allies with Katniss and Peeta. Survive.” Blight says, Speckled looks nervous.

“Okay. We will. Bring Nuts and Volts with us.” I say.

The citizens of the Capitol wants to stop the games because of what Peeta Mellark has said. Katniss Everdeen being pregnant. President Snow must be crazy right now. Okay. I know I’m a bad-ass. But I have a heart too, I should say sorry to them.

“Speckled…” I trail off,

“What?” he asks quietly,

“I’m sorry. For all the stuffs that I’ve done to you. And to my prep team. And to Aner.”

“Your message will be delivered to them. It’s okay.” He smiles at me.

“Okay.”

“Blight, Johanna… I have a conversation with Haymitch.”

“What’d he say?” asks Blight.

“When you’re in the arena… Just remember who the enemy is.” Speckled says,

“Alright.” I say. We know who the enemy is. And it’s only one. And very powerful.

“Goodbye Speckled.” Blight says. Speckled grins at us.

We head to our own rooms. I take off my dress and go to the bathroom. I open the shower and remove my make-up. I feel sorry for them. Aner. Azolla. Agnes. Alexis. Aaron. I’m gonna miss them. A little, I guess. I turn off the shower and grab my towel and dry myself. The wall of my room is green, and there’s a painting. A tree. I sigh and put my pajamas on – only my pajamas – and bounce myself onto the mattress. I’m so tired. I shut my eyes and inhale deeply and exhale it. After a minute, I’m sleeping.

Agnes, Alexis and Azolla arrive with the dawn. Together with Agatha, Blight’s prep team. Sometimes, Blight’s stylist. Sometimes, my stylist. I don’t know why. But it’s okay. Azolla grabs my hand and we head to the roof and Azolla gives me a light kiss on the cheek, “Good luck, Tree girl. Aaron will miss you, though. Your first stylist. Am I right?”

“Yes.” I say flatly. And she smiles at me.

The doctor injects me the tracker so I can be track in the arena all the time. I watch the hovercraft arise, and I look out at the window and see Azolla waving at me. I wave too, and smile at her. She does the same. The trip is only a few minutes.

When Azolla and I reach the Launch Room, I shower. I see the tributes’ outfit this year. It’s a fitted blue jumpsuits made of sheer, billowy material with zippers down the front. Each suit came with a six inch wide padded belt covered in purple plastic. The shoes are nylon with rubber soles.

“Hmmm…” I say, curiously.

“I don’t know.” She says. I just nodded.

Azolla kisses me on the cheek and I nod at her. I enter inside the tube and wait. I wait for the plate to rise but it doesn’t. What on earth is happening right now? Azolla shrugs and I shrug too. What’s happening? Then the plate begins to rise and I see light. I remember my first game, when the plate began to rise. I see light too, a sun. And it’s a village. But this time, I don’t know. What could it be? I ask myself. Then I’m standing in the arena. There’s water everywhere I look. I keep glancing at my side. Looking for Blight, Nuts and Volts. But I can’t see them. Where are they? Where are they?