Chapter Four

Akeera

After all the fuss had died down that all of the new recruits had been accepted into the guild and he also asked if we could all come to his office. As we were walking to his office Arja rejoined me, which made me feel guilty because I hadn't even noticed that she left.

'It is alright my dear, I went back to my napping spot in the sun while you were watching the other boys fight.' Arja said in answer to my internal struggle. I just smiled at her, even though she couldn't see me through my veil.

While we were walking through the door and hall way to the master's study, I absently avoided all of the alarms. All of the boys were looking at me weirdly because I was moving around so much. When we got into the office the master looked back to make sure we were all following him, and he was surprised to see me right behind him.

"Okay, all of you can sit down," and we all did. "Now let's get started. The rules are quiet easy to remember, first if you make a mess you have to clean it up, second if you take a job you must try three times to finish it before admitting defeat, and finally you must never use your magic on a civilian*. Are we clear?"

We all nodded. "Okay, next order of business, where do you want your guild-mark** put? We'll start with Carter then go around the room."

"I would like it on the back of my right shoulder." He said.

"I want it on my bicep." John said.

"I want it on my fore arm." Sam said.

"I want it on my chest, right here." Marcus said pointing to the opposite side where his heart would be.

"I want mine right above the crease on my left elbow." I said.

"Okay then." He closed his eyes and started muttering something. A burning pain started on my arm where I wanted my guild-mark. The pain started to increase and then it stopped. I pulled down my arm cover and saw the mark. It was a beautiful painting of a phoenix, with a tear on it's cheek. I smiled and pulled my arm cover back into place.

"And that was all that we had to do, so welcome to the Phoenix Tear guild. You are welcome to go out and celebrate with the rest of the guild, or you can just head home."

We all stood up and left, with me avoiding the alarms again. When we came out of the 'hidden' hallway the guild members started to cheer. I just walked through the crowd of people and out the front door, and into the street. I rubbed Arja's head and whispered "Let's head home. We'll come back tomorrow."

She just purred, making me smile, and we walked to the edge of the forest and headed home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! You may be asking what the arm covers are, right? Well all they are is pretty much a sleeve that isn't connected to the shirt.

To elaborate on Akeera's clothing, she wears the arm covers that start just below her armpits, and end about three inches below her wrist. She also wears that veil to cover her face, and the reason will be explained later. She wears a halter top shirt that ends just above her belly-button, a skirt, and leggings. all of her clothes are dyed with vibrant colors, so she kinda stands out in a crowd.

She wears a beautiful pair of leather boot, and where she got them will be explained later.

If you have any questions please just comment and ask.

* civilians are the people that don't use magic.

** The guild-mark is just a tattoo like thing that says you are in a guild. The design changes from guild to guild.