Chapter Ten

December 24, 2016.

It is finally Christmas Eve and it is a beautiful day outside. Though the cold weather ruins any chance to have fun outside. Hongbin is in the kitchen preparing dinner while Hyuk is sitting on a high chair of the island in the kitchen. He just looking at Hongbin. He looks at Hongbin's hands as he cuts the vegetables for their dinner. He has never noticed how beautiful they look. It made him question if he had a kink for Hongbin's hands but he has yet been able to find the answer to it.

He looks at Hongbin's face and he can see how hard Hongbin is concentrating on making the food. His beautiful well-groom eyebrow clashing together forming a frown on Hongbin's face. He looks at Hongbin's lips. His sweet cherry colored lips. The way he slowly bites his bottom lip as he concentrates in the task he is doing drives Hyuk insane.

He imagines those sweet lips on his as they kiss the night away. He suddenly feels too warm. Might be the effect of thinking all these scenarios he wants to do with Hongbin. But they aren't a thing yet and Hyuk is getting desperate. He has made it clear in his head that he wants to be with Hongbin. He wants Hongbin to be his cuddling friend, the one he can run to in the night when he needs him; he wants him to be his boyfriend yet he doesn't have the courage to confess to him.

He thought he was ready. He thought that by being Christmas he could pop up the question. Boy, how he was wrong. It just makes him nervous and anxious. What if Hongbin refuses him? What if Hongbin is disgusted by him like him and would cut every connection they have? No, he knows Hongbin wouldn't do that yet he can't stop thinking about everything single thing that might happened if he does confess.

"Hyuk-ah! For the love of God, stop spacing out and help me with this," Hongbin say, taring Hyuk away from his thoughts. He sees Hongbin with a bowl of rice and raises an eyebrow. "What?" he asks. Yes, he wasn't paying attention but he can't read minds either. "Take the bowl and put it on the table," Hongbin say handing him the bowl. Hyuk takes it from him, their hands brushing momentarily but it was enough to send sparks through Hyuk's body.

He looks at Hongbin to see if he felt anything but didn't see any expression on Hongbin's face other than the same he had earlier. Concentrating on the noodles he is cooking now. Hyuk sighs and does what Hongbin told him to do, put the bowl of rice on the table. As he does that, Hongbin is trying very hard to keep a certain face expression.

He doesn't want Hyuk to see or notice he did felt sparks when their hands brush for a millisecond. He doesn't want to show that he had noticed the way Hyuk was looking at him as he was cooking. The way Hyuk unconsciously licked his bottom lip as he kept his gaze on Hongbin's lips. That is the moment he bit his bottom lip. He normally does that when he is trying to concentrate on something. He was trying so hard to actually seem like he was cutting the vegetables but his mind and eyes always wandered back to Hyuk.

He still doesn't know how Hyuk didn't caught into it. He was looking at Hongbin's every move he surely must have seen a few gazes Hongbin through here and there. But no, Hyuk didn't made a sign as he actually had a clue that Hongbin was thinking on his confession towards him tomorrow morning. On how he wishes Hyuk says yes so, he could kiss him right there and never let go. He just needs to wait for tomorrow until he actually does confess. Now he wishes tomorrow comes quicker, he really wants to know and his overthinking thoughts are making him not be able to calm down. It is going to be a long day for Hongbin for sure.