The Employment

'I want you to come work for me,'
Mr. Shawn said to me.
Sarah was his wife.
According to him, she needed guarding because his job offered all kinds of danger to her. He told me that he dealt in business of conversion. He took items from people in exchange for other items. The writing on the wall was bold enough to tell me that his businesses were illegal. He told me that Sarah needed to be treated with care and love, since she had recently lost her child, and she was distraught. Sarah did not, and had never seemed to me as one who felt sad or bothered by the fact of loosing her child. In fact, as I sat with him, I doubted she had ever conceived, talk more of losing the child. She just didn't fit in that category.

***********************************

It wasn't till past daylight that we fixed an agreement, discussing terms of duty, pay and allowances. The amounts he called should have warned me. He was offering far too much for an ordinary bodyguard, but I'm not the type to refuse good things that are coming towards my way, so I did not smell a rat till it was too late. That's the main reason I'm in this condition
I was to start on the 16th of July.  Since I had some time left, I decided to go see my sister, Dana. My sister wasn't much to look at, judging by her gray hair, huge glasses, tall, thin frame, braces and plain face. But behind all that, lurked the most intelligent, most clever, most witty person I have and will ever know. She could smell crimes and blackmail acres away, and she's saved me from arrests a million times.
Her opinion was highly needed. I respected her, and she advised me accordingly.