chapter five *

(Adam)

I woke up in my bed, a headache radiating through my brain. I drank. I can't believe it. I can't believe that my weakness got the best of me, but i couldn't control it. I thought i could but i can't.

The worst part is that Tommy saw me drunk. All i remember is coming home, and seeing him. I hope i didn't make a complete ass of myself in front of him.

"Tommy?" I tried to say above a whisper, squinting and rubbing my head as i sat upwards. The dizziness lasted for a couple of second before subsiding.

I stumbled out of bed and down the stairs, seeing Tommy, asleep on the couch. I smiled at myself before going to grab a glass of water, drinking it so i wouldn't dehydrate anymore than i already was. I sat at the kitchen counter and watched Tommys chest rise up and down in his deep sleep. I could tell that he had no stress in his life. He was happy.

"Mm." He groaned in his sleep and it made me smile, watching him closely. It was the only time i had to really admire him, and i wouldn't take advantage of that.

Tommy stretched widely and i looked away, pretending i didn't see him as he raised his head.

"Adam?" I looked over as if i was surprised by him. "Good morning." I said to him, getting off of the stool and offering Tommy some coffee.

"No i'm alright. How are you feeling?" He asked me curiously, getting off of the couch and coming over to sit on the stool i had just gotten off of. "Pretty bad. It's my fault, though," He looked down and started playing with his fingers. "Tommy, i want to say sorry."

"For what?" He asked me, worried. I breathed. "For lying to you. For not coming to you when you offered me all of your support." He smiled a little and nodded. "Well, thank you. You know all i want to do is help."

"I know," i leant over to him on the counter. "And i should've been more open." I admitted to him, putting my hand on his. He looked up at me uncomfortably. "Do you remember what you said to me last night?" He added. I frowned. "What did i say?"

"You.. You tried to kiss me. You told me you wanted me. You miss me." He looked down again and seemed upset. I don't remember any of it, but it's obviously my truthful emotions coming out. I wasn't too worried because he knows how i get when i'm drunk around him. "Is it true?"

I hesitated for a second and tried to come up with something that wouldn't totally freak him out.

"I.. uh," I slightly giggled to myself, trying to ease my nerves. "It's true, that i miss you. But you.. knew that, right?" I asked. He nodded.

"Well.. i miss you too. You know we've always loved each other." He added, and i looked at him, nodding. Just to hear that come out of his mouth made me so nervous, and excited. "It was wrong of me to make a move on you. We didn't do anything right?"

"Oh, no. I would never. Not while you're drunk, at least." He said. I questioned in my head what he meant by not while i was drunk.

"Thank you for doing that." I smiled at him, putting my hand on his. I just wanted to feel his skin on mine, to be honest. "Adam?" He hushed. I nodded and listened to what he had to say.

"Can i be totally honest with you?"

"W- Of course you can. You know that." I squeezed his hand and it made him close his eyes, curling his lips. I couldn't help but smile a little myself. "Okay, well," He said nervously.