Chapter 12

I'm surrounded by the color orange and the smell of fresh pastries. The name Bread Pete is painted on a wall in large black cursive letters. I walk down the aisle and look at the variety of breads they have. The smell of coffee fills me and I remember I didn't have breakfast this morning. I walk over to the counter and a girl with pigtales has her head down coloring in a coloring book.

"Oh hello there! Are you looking for anything in particular?" She looks so adorable, she has a round face that has two deep dimples.

I scan the menu. "I'd like to have a Taylor Hamm American  with provolone cheese and a coffee."

"Alrighty well see over there," she points to the coffee station. "Coffee is self serve so you can add whatever you'd like to it."

"I like my coffee really sweet. I gotta taste the diabetes." I grin.

The girl laughs, "That's the funniest thing I've heard all day." One of the workers comes out and takes the order. I'm guessing he's the cook.

"We'll be with you shortly."

I nod and go over to the coffee station. Once I'm done making it as sweet as possible, I find a place to sit. The place is really nice and peaceful. It has a calm atmosphere and it's really relaxing. I take a sip from my coffee and look at a pamphlet that's on the table. It's a German bakery and has been open for a few years. The bakery is named after the owner, Pete. It's run by him, his wife Andrea and their son. There's a picture of Pete and Andrea on the back when they first opened. They are both incredibly tall, especially Pete. He looks like he might be 6'0 or even taller.

"Here you go ma'am." The girl places the plate in front of me.

"Wow that was fast."

"Haha yeah we tend to do things fast here even if there's not many people."

"I see that. Well thank you, it looks delicious." I smile at her.

"No problem. Enjoy." She smiles back.

While eating, I take my phone out and text Jonathan.

Yello.
I think I might have found the perfect job. It's a bakery called Bread Pete. You should check it out some day, it's really nice.

When I'm about to finish eating, I get a text from him saying:

Will do. I might even drop in whenever I want to just to surprise you if you do get the job.

I smile.

Do whatever you want. I'm about to ask about the job opening. Wish me luck.

Good luck princess.

I walk back to the counter to find the girl.

"Hey um, I never got your name. Mine's Melody by the way."

She grins, "That's a really pretty name. Well my name's Amanda."

"I was just wondering about that job opening you have. Is there anyone I can talk to about it?"

"Come with me." Amanda takes my hand and leads me to a door at the end of the hall. She knocks on the door and says "My new friend is here, open up."

"Bring her in," a male voice calls. Amanda opens the door for me, bows, and leaves.

"Don't mind her, she's just like that." Pale and handsome. He looks so familiar. . .

"Why so surprised?" He asks raising an eyebrow. Wow he is hot.