Chapter 5

I woke up, my body freezing from the long cold night. I didn't get much sleep. I heard someone screaming and I jolted awake in shock.

"Lucifer!!! Lucifer! Run! There chasing us stay low to the ground!" I stood up looking around but not finding Lucifer. The shouting was getting closer and I didn't know what to do.

"LUCIFER!?! Where are you?!?!" I yelled out but then stopped and started to think, he said stay low to the ground which means they must be flying above looking for us. I ran behind a bush, the footsteps now on top of me. Charles burst out from the tree and started looking around are camp.

"Little angel! I know you're here I can feel your light coming from your body. Where are you!?" His voice was screaming in worry but I wasn't about to be foolish and step out. I didn't realize how much of my dominance and courage came from having Lucifer beside me. How much I felt stronger around him, he wasn't here and I felt fear over take me. Reminding me of how much of a wimp I am in reality. Just as I was about to step out I heard a branch break and Lucifer came out from the trees behind me. He saw where I was but didn't say anything. We made eye contact and I decided to stay where I was.

"I'm here Charles, what's going on?" Charles quickly turned around with a dark smirk.

Two angel men came out and restrained Lucifer grabbing his hands from behind, his big dark black wings burst out in anger. He flapped them trying to nock the two angels off but they where holding on tight. Knowing if they let go or even became weak Lucifer would rip there throats out without thinking.

Lucifers eyes shot up to Charles in anger. "You foolish Demon! I'm gonna kill you if they don't first! You know you're just a tool to get me! They will kill you and that's a promise!" Lucifer spat out his voice spoke with anger and it thundered around the trees.

I heard wings flapping and I shrunk down to the dirt. A big dark skinned man flew down and landed with the thud. Lucifer stood up tall when he landed, Lucifer's wings still up in the air in a aggressive fashion.

"Abaddon, good to see you my old friend, I wish that this was a better situation." Lucifer said with respect but anger was deep within his words. He stood tall standing his ground.

Abaddon walked up to Lucifer and looked him into the eyes, they fraught for dominance but Abaddon looked away knowing he was already top dog. As he his men held Lucifer down.

"Yes, nice to see you Lucifer but you won't wish you saw me soon." Abaddon walked up next to Charles and stuck his hands threw his chest grabbing his heart and pulling it out. Charles screamed in agony and fell limp to the ground. Charles demon soul left his dead body on the hunt for a new one which could sustain his power. God gives you one original body and sadly if it dies a death as gruesome as that you won't be getting it back. It can't mend that kind of a wound, he must look for another.

Lucifer growled in anger and fought agents the angels restraining him.

Abaddon turned and dropped the heart. "Don't worry Lucifer he will live on just in another body. If he ever finds one." Abaddon gave a smile then went serious.

"Time to kill you." He said staring right at Lucifer, he started walking towards him in long strides. My heart started to pump, I didn't know what to do. I couldn't just let him die! Could I? No, I couldn't.

Abaddon reached him, holding his hand on Lucifers shoulder.

"I'm sorry old friend but you have grown weak and it's my turn to take over as ruler of hell." With that he took a dark black sleek blade out of his belt.

My heart jumped, this was my chance! It was now or never. I ran out trying to be as fast and possible. I pushed Abaddon over and grabbed my knife out. Quickly I got on top of him, not knowing what I was doing but I saw this done before. I stabbed him in the shoulder and light flew from his wound. He pushed me off making me fly threw the air and fall into the dirt. I slowly stood up, and groaned from the pain in my shoulder.