Chapter 1

It all started when I was about 10 I think, I had just moved to Reno and well, as you can imagine it was a little odd.

I always imagined Reno as how you see it in all the old movies; casinos and lights everywhere, whores on every street corner just trying to make a dollar, you get the picture.

But when my dad announced the fact that we were going to LIVE in Reno, well I thought it sounded absurd.

I never thought that people actually went an moved there but it's actually quite nice. The residential areas are just like any other place and after all these years, well it's become my home obviously. Anyways, we had just moved into this big big house in a new part of town and like any young kid I was scared about making new friends. On the first day of school, my parents took me to my new school with my two brothers.

My younger brother was only 4 so they were going to drop him off at preschool and my older brother was 13 so he wasn't in the same school I was in.. It was up to me to find my way in this town obviously.

People had always told me that I was a pretty girl and I'd heard it enough times to know it was true. My mother had always taught me to stick up for myself, be confident, and never let anyone see you hurt. I was only 8 so that must tell you something about my mom.

Anyways, I looked around me at all the new faces and tried to pick my best choice

I saw a group of girls, they all looked similar to me and it was obvious that they were the "girls" of the school. I walked up to them and asked if I could sit with them, the leader of the group, Natalie, gave me a once over, laughed, and then walked away with her creepy little group.

This was the first time in my life that I had ever been rejected. And it made no sense to me.

I went into the bathroom and locked the stall and started crying. I didn't want to be here and I hated this fucked up town.

I figured I was alone in the bathroom since classes had already started until i heard someone in the stall next to me...

Then they knocked on my stall and asked if I was ok?

I was scared to death. Someone I didn't even know had heard me crying.

I figured I was already screwed so I opened the door to reveal a skinny redhead with big huge green eyes.

For some reason I wasn't scared of her and I told her what was wrong

She told me not to mind Natalie and her friends and that I could sit with her, she told me her name was Remy but I could just call her em and I guess we've been friends ever since. She introduced me to Karson and Spencer and even though I thought they weren't my type, we've been inseparable since 4th grade.

I promise the rest of my story won't be this cheesy but just hang in there cause we've had some real fun times.

--------Hi!!!! I kind of feel like I rambled in this chapter but hopefully I'm not like that throughout the rest of the book! Just so you know, I didn't say Brooke was your typical WHITE girl I just said she was your typical teenager, that's important to remember bc Brooke's character would never walk around listening to pop and sipping her Starbucks while wearing uggs mmk mmk.

I hope you guys enjoy this! ------