#9

(Author's note: Happy New Year! First of all, I would like to thank everyone who reads this because seriously each time I update this particular fanfic, I get nervous that I might start to sound bland and boring. Do let me know what you think about this chapter, thanks!!!)

You can't be serious about dying. Sean thought as he watches Mark recover, tell me that you're just making it up. "Did you even ask for another opinion?"

"Why would I bother?"

"You know, just to be sure?"

"I don't think so." Mark said, "I don't want to go there again."

"Mark, there's hope."

"I'm really scared, Sean." He held on Sean's hands, "the fact that I'll hear that there's nothing they can do to save me is just depressing."

"There's always a silver lining in every cloud." Sean said, "I'll come with you."

"What did I ever do to deserve you?" Mark sighed, "I've been very mean to you and yet you are still here for me? I know you're not as stupid as you claimed, why?"

"I just want to ask myself that too." He took off his necklace and gave him the red ring, "here, don't ever lose it again."

"You really took good care of it, huh?" Mark wore his ring, "thank you." He hugged Sean, "sorry for being a jerk."

"You really deserve some punishment."

"Punishment."

"Yes, fucking idiot." He smiled and lightly kissed Mark's forehead.

-----

"Oh my gosh! You'll be our Darwin again??" Ashley asked Sean with much excitement, "I'm soooooooo happy!" She looked at Mark, "thanks for asking him to stay!!" She happily went to Mark and held on his hands, "I am really happ--wait..." she looked at his hand, "the red ring, it's here and," she looked at Sean, "hey."

"Oh, the ring really belongs to Mark." Sean happily said and smiled, "I just kept that for him."

Ashley squealed, "oh my gosh, you two." She covered her mouth, "oh my gosh!!!"

"What is happening?" Sean wondered.

"I've been thinking that your other ring belongs to someone you treasure so much! How sweet!" Ashley replied.

"Huh?" Sean got more confused, "all I did is to give his ring back. Sheesh." He flustered, "besides, I really gave it to him."

"Isn't he digging his own grave?" Ashley asked Mark, "whatever it is, I'm glad that you changed your mind." She gave back everything that he gave her. "Thank you Mark! I owe you one."

"Thanks for notifying me right away." Mark said. "I almost lost him."

Sean saw Felix marching in to their place, "Felix!" He called and his friend came closer. "You're here." 

"You said you'll only be here for a while, did you forget?"

"Oh! Geez." He scratched his nape, "my gosh."

Felix looked at Mark and without any hesitations, he stepped closer and he slapped him so hard on the face even his glasses fell on the floor and broke. "There."

"Felix..." Sean pulled Felix back to stop him.

"I kinda wanted to do that to you, I just thought I shouldn't but my hand acted on its own." Felix snorted, "sorry."

"Should I call the security?" Ashley went to Mark to help him, "Mark?!"

Mark waved his hand, "that's how Felix say long time no see, no need to do that..." he picked up his glasses. "Maybe we should just take this outside," he looked at Felix, "let's go."