LVNA BACKGROUND

LVNA was founded by Jim Brazer, a talent scout/manager at Hopeless Records, in 2008 when he had gone to Vancouver for business. LVNA was a quartet at first, which consisted of Elizabeth (18), Amanda (16), Tiffany (16) and Madison (15) who were childhood friends. 

Jim however, introduced Josie (11) to the quartet because he thought it would be a better idea for them if they were to become a five member group instead.

All four girls did not like the idea of having another member and a complete stranger at that. Also, Josie was only eleven years old! What were they supposed to do with a mere child.

However, Josie became a part of the group and they moved to LA, California where they began their journey together in music. 

LVNA debuted in 2009 with their two singles "Can't stop dancing" and "Wild Mustang". They quickly became well-known for their vocals and for being the first pop girl group signed with a rock label. However, Josie was the most well-known for her powerful vocals at a young age. 

They then came out with their first album in 2010, "Title", which had a very retro/jazz/R'n'B concept. LVNA also released a mini Christmas album before going on hiatus from the end of 2010 - 2014 due to Josie having critical health problems and Jim thought it would be best if they all took time off together as a group to support her. However, during their hiatus, members continued to work in other ways. For example, modelling and starring in television shows. When Josie was back to full health she began modelling and starred in big blockbuster films. She had even been nominated and won an Oscar. 

They came back with their second album, "Adore", in late 2014 with a more mature concept. Tracks on the album allowed the girls to showcase their many other talents. For example, Josie began choreographing their dances for the group and they became well-known for their precise and controlled choreography.  

They began getting recognized internationally and became very big in Asia. 

LVNA released their second Christmas album in 2015, "Christmas & Chill", before leaving to Seoul, South Korea to begin working with Jellyfish entertainment.