12: Throne Out of the Kingdom

Yang glowed. “Wake up, Zineth. You’re going to be late this morning. Today’s the day to answer to Ian, remember?”

            Zineth yawned and sat up, scratching her head. “Oh, fine. Let’s just go already.” She jumped out of bed and lazily got dressed. She brushed her hair and walked out, not bothering to clean the room. She walked to the main palace, standing beside Neph.

            The emperor walked into the room and sat down on his throne, letting Anix stand beside him. He glanced at Zineth and avoided her gaze for the rest of the time. “Zineth, your parents have something to discuss about you. All your duties are dismissed until further notice.” He got up and hurried out of the room.

            Zineth raised an eyebrow. “Need to talk to me? What could that mean,” she wondered to herself as she walked to her home. She walked into the living room and stared at her crying parents. She felt her heart begin to speed up in worry. “Mom? Dad? What’s wrong?”

            Zineth’s father looked up at her and handed her a note from Haina. “We know nothing more. Zineth, I don’t know what happened…”

            Zineth unfolded the note and read it silently. Tears welled in her eyes, finding its way off of her face. She gripped the paper tightly and ran out of her home, locking herself into her room. She cried into her pillow, curled up against her bed.

            Anix walked into the room. “You were right…She probably heard me go to your house and visit you instead of her. It’s my fault so I’ll take responsibility. I’m sor—”

            Zineth shook her head and threw the paper at him. “Read it outloud… It’s not your fault at all. It’s not my fault either.”

            Anix raised an eyebrow, confused, and opened up the paper. “Dear Zineth, I left town so I could find my pawns for the battle. I’ll find my weapon. I will use my power to take you down. Be prepared. I’m disconnecting myself from the family. From this day forth, we’re not sisters. We’re pure enemies.”

            Zineth dug her fingernails into the skin of her palms, forcing herself to laugh as she cried. “She hated me from the start. Anix, what should I do? I don’t understand why she had to leave just to go against me. I don’t understand why I have to fight her…”

            Anix sat down beside her. “What do you want to do about it? Are you going to sit here and cry about it until she finally comes here with an army and kills you and the rest of the world? Come to me when you decide what to do. I’m your advisor, remember?” He smiled and walked out of the room.

            Zineth shook her head. “I can’t do anything about it. How can I possibly stop my sister from achieving something that she wants for the first time? How would I be able to stop her without hurting her or getting hurt myself?”

            Yang vibrated. “You can’t. That’s just what love is. You can’t love someone or something without someone or something else getting hurt. That’s just nature. The right thing to do is to stop things from getting worse and make things better. The right thing to do is to finish what’s meant to happen and remake things. Life is only the beginning. You know what to do. I can feel it in your heart.”

            Zineth nodded, wiping away her tears. She got up and ran to Anix’s room. She looked at him sternly. “I made my decision. I need your help.”

            Anix smiled. “That’s the cunning thief I know. We’ll leave tonight. Pack your belongings. It’ll only be the four of us leaving. I’m sure you know who the other two are. I mean, you -are- quite close to the both of them. Also, good luck today.”