2| May As Well Be A Trial Run

I climbed into my navy Subrau, sitting there for awhile, replaying the events from earlier. I shook myself out of it and started the car. I drove to my apartment a few blocks away from Wrigley.

I unlocked my door with the hand that wasn't holding a bag of souvenirs. I opened the door and set my bag down on the hall tree as my chocolate lab came around the corner and sat down, patiently waiting on me. I slipped out of my converse and into my running shoes. I grabbed his leash and clipped it to his collar. "You ready to go, Myles?" I asked, scratching the top of his head. He barked and jumped up in response. "I'll take that as a yes." I laughed.

I led Myles out onto the busy street, though it was more like he led me. We walked a few blocks and were just about to turn around when I saw Kris come up beside me. I turned around and instantly met his piercing blue eyes. "Hi." I smiled.

"Hi." He smiled back. I began jogging back and Kris joined me. We jogged in silence for a little while, waiting on the other to speak first.

I stopped and looked up at him. "Hold on. How do you know me? Did Anthony-"

"Yeah." Kris nodded.

"I'm going to kill him." I mumbled, running my hand over my face. We began walking back to my apartment and I could feel his eyes on me.

"So have you really tried that hard?" Kris asked.

"Uh, yeah, I guess." I shrugged and looked at the ground.

"Well, if you want me so desperately, I'd be willing to take you on a date?" He questioned kind of nervously. I blushed, hard. I know he saw it to because a huge grin spread across his lips.

"Yeah, I'd like that." I tried to act cool and hide how excited I was, but I made myself look like an idiot yet again. I mentally cringed and face palmed myself.

Kris laughed as we stopped in front of my apartment building. "How does Saturday at seven work?" He asked.

"Seven works." I smiled.

"Okay, I'll see you then Taylor." Kris smiled back.

"See you then, Kris." I said before heading up to my apartment with the most giddy feeling I'd ever had.

I unlocked the door and took Myles off his leash. He ran over to his food dish and began inhaling what small amount was left of his food. I laughed and filled his food and water dish. I rubbed the lab's head and headed into my room. I grabbed my pajamas and took them into the bathroom so I could take a shower.

Once I got out I changed my clothes and went back into my bedroom. Myles' head popped up from the bed as soon as he heard the door open. I walked over to him and scratched his head. "We'll considered this a trial run, see how things go. Maybe we'll be happy." I told Myles even though he couldn't understand me.

I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and checked it for the first time since I got home from the day game. I had six texts, all from Kris. I decided it would be easier to call him, so I dialed his number and sat down on the edge of the bed. He picked up after two rings, taking me by surprise.

"Hey." Kris said as soon as he answered.

"What's up?" I replied.

"Just wanted to make sure you got up to your apartment okay."

I giggled at his concern. "I did, thank you." I replied.

"Mhm." Kris hummed.

"Can you please tell me where you're taking me?" I begged, making him laugh. My cheeks turned a bright shade of red and I was thankful he couldn't see me.

"I can't, sorry." He told me.

"Okay, goodnight, Kris." I replied.

"Goodnight, Taylor." He said before he hung up. I pulled the phone away from my ear and plugged it in before flopping back on my bed, groaning in pain when my head landed on the TV remote. I sat up and crawled under the covers as Myles curled up next to me. That dog was the only thing I had before Kris.

A/N:

I almost lost this entire update because I was being a complete idiot. Comment, Vote!