Chapter 6

Six drinks later and Harry finds himself in the middle of the dance floor, bodies surround him and he is overcome with waves of nausea. He's dizzy, the lights are flashing, strobes and lasers filling the darkness. Alcohol interrupts his thoughts, runs through his veins and inhibits his every movement. He dances mindlessly to the music and feels ignited with energy bursting through him. Louis is now so far from his mind, and the hurt of trying to open up is momentarily forgotten.

A blonde girl, slender with a thick mane of curled hair sways her hips to the music. She turns her body when a friend gestures to Harry, who is staring at her. To anyone else, they would assume he is checking her out. He isn't, he's so drunk that the colours in her outfit are appealing to him.

A thick orange bandeau covers her breasts, she has a high waisted hot-pink skirt. The flowing material cuts open above her thighs to reveal pink, high waisted hot pants. She's thin and tall with tight muscles that give her an hourglass figure. Nothing about the way she looks gives Harry any pause, as if he is immune to her sex appeal. All the things he knows his body should want, her soft skin and pouted lips, do nothing to arouse even a moment of infatuation. She flashes him a dazzling smile, her blood red lips twisted to reveal perfect white teeth.

He recognises her immediately, her name is Taylor Swift and she's the Pop Queen of their generation. She sings an amalgamation of Pop and Country, she is America's sweetheart and she is dangerous. They call her male kryptonite, anyone who dates her ends up all over the media and probably the cause of her next album.

Harry makes up his mind to avoid her at once, then he catches Louis dancing ever so closely with a blonde guy. He gawks at them, feeling a wave of horror slam into his chest. Louis looks over at him, his eyes dazed from alcohol and Harry storms over to Taylor. Game on.

Taylor is laughing as she throws her hands into the air and her head back, a mane of blonde curls twist down her back. She sways her hips, gesturing a finger at him in a 'come here' motion.

"Harry," her voice is soft and as she smiles dimples form in her cheeks.

"Taylor," he forces a smile.

She grabs his hands and begins to sing along to the music, he casts a look over his shoulder. The guy dancing with Louis is kissing his neck, Louis is looking over the crowd and eyes are locked on Harry's.

Harry calls over the music, "You smell amazing!"

Taylor puts a hand behind Harry's neck, her nails grazing the skin and smiles. "I taste good, too," she teases.

Harry watches Louis, the unknown male is kissing Louis' jawline and has a hand in his hair. Louis is staring at Harry with a look of confusion and irritation. The guy speaks to Louis, he doesn't respond.

Harry, deliberately puts his hands around Taylor's waist and pulls her so close their bodies are pressed tight together. They move in sync to the music, her breath hot on his neck. Harry's heart is racing, not because of her but the look on Louis' face.

A wave of emotion rolls through Harry's body like a shiver, he recalls the feeling in his stomach as he mustered all the courage he had. He closes his eyes as they dance, the sound of Louis' ignoring him when he was trying to open up was deafening in Harry's mind. He was angry, embarrassed and above all disappointed. So, as Louis' continued to have his neck and ear nibbled on. Eyes locked to Harry and Taylor, Harry looks over Taylor's shoulder.

With deliberate menace he squeezes her ass, she lets out a small groan. She is drunk, probably high, breathing heavy as she runs her fingers through Harry's tangled curls. "Harry," she leans up and playfully licks his earlobe. "Kiss me," she demands.

With a deep breath he turns to her, his attention only on her and leans down with his face inches from hers. She closes her heavily lashed eyes, licks her bottom lip. Harry's heart is racing, he wonders what Louis is thinking. Is he jealous? Is he glad Harry is with someone? God I hope not.

Taylor mimes the words to Katy Perry's latest hit, as if she is singing only to Harry. His bottom lip brushes with hers, deep down he knows it's wrong to use Taylor as a pawn in his own game of revenge. However, reason and logic fell away four drinks ago. He left his conscience in the black van, out front.

Harry's lips collide with hers, he forces interest and pulls her body close. He has kissed hundreds of girls, so why should this be any different?

As Taylor pulls him closer, hand sliding from his chest to his abdomen, Harry pulls away. He looks beyond her, a little breathless and see's Louis. Louis shoves the blonde guy away from him, the guy shouts after him but he storms away.

"I knew it!" Taylor calls.

Harry's eyes widen, "What?" He tries to play it cool, she doesn't know he's into Louis. How could she?

She puts her hand in his, squeezes. "Knew you were into me!" She calls into his ear as the music gets louder.

Harry stops dancing, "Oh."

She giggles, "I'm not an idiot I've seen how you look at me when I'm performing."

"You're incredible," he replies casually. It's not a lie, he just doesn't correct her assumption that he's attracted to her.

"I've got a show in a few nights, downtown. Will you come backstage?" She brushes a curl behind her ear and bats her eyelashes.

Oh, she's good, he thought.

He offers her a genuine smile and swipes the sweat from his forehead, "I'll have to check my–"

"Tell me you'll think about it?" She interrupts, "Please."

"I'll let you know."

She leans forward, kisses him with fervour and their tongues collide. Harry continues the kiss with little enthusiasm, thinking about Louis the entire time.

She pulls away, smiling brightly. "Listen, I have to get back to the girls. Think about it?" She kisses him playfully, "You won't regret it."

Harry thinks, perhaps he will.

To avoid thinking about anything or even worse, finding Louis with some other guy Harry makes a beeline to the bar. Resigned to drown out each and every foreign feeling toward his best friend with a lot of alcohol.