Fourtytwo

"P-Papa?" Pete heard Declan ask from outside of his office. Pete sighed and looked around at his mess of an office, papers were scattered on the floor and there we crushed plastic bottles in a corner. A pencil was sticking out of the wall where Pete had jabbed it in when Patrick first left the house.
"P-Pete?" Declan's voice came came again, more desperate and his pitch was higher. Pete fell out of his chair then picked himself up, he walked over to the door and unlocked it. When the door swung open Declan was standing there with tears in his eyes. Pete rubbed his eyes and yawned "what's up Dec?" Declan shifted from one foot to another "Dad was s-supposed to take me to group th-therapy but h-he isn't here a-and I d-don't know where he went... I th-think he left me l-like mama.." Declan started to cry before he could even finish. Pete hugged the brown haired boy "I'll take you Dec, don't worry. Also Rick didn't leave us, we just had a disagreement and he's taking a break from me 'nd him for a day or two." Declan started to hiccup and clutched Petes arm tightly "I-I don't want h-him to leave." Pete sighed and rubbed his step-sons back "I'll make sure he gets back as soon as possible."

Pete and Declan had just left their house when Pete's phone started to ring. "Dec, who is it?" Pete asked while handing his phone to Declan. "It say's P-Patrica" He stutters, Pete frowns and his eyebrows knit together. "Accept her and put her on speaker." Declan puts Patrica on speaker and accepts her call.
"Peter, why did my son show up sobbing on my doorstep two minutes ago?" Patrica screams through the phone. Pete sighs and taps his fingers on the steering wheel "Pat, calm down Dec is in the car and we are on our way to his group therapy." Then Pete heard Patrick starting to sob in the background. "Pete, you posted a god damn picture of him, in his boxers?! Why are you so stupid? He doesn't want pictures off his body, that he hates in case you have forgotten, all over the internet. Jesus Christ, Pete he keeps rambling about divorce! That's how bad you hurt him? Why? I am so unbelievably pissed at you!" Patrica stopped her rant and sighed "I'm driving him back to LA, you two better get your shit together this weekend. I'll take the kids and you two can do whatever it takes to get your relationship back in piece...also Patrick wants to talk to Dec." There was a quick pause and then Patrick was on the phone. "Hey Declan.."
"H-hi Dad..."
"What's up?"
"Y-you f-forgot that I had g-group therapy and Papa isn't d-doing to well."
Patrick sighed "I'm sorry bud.... I'll make it up to you. Why is P-Peter doing to well?"
Declan sniffled and looked at Pete "I-I think he misses you he s-spent all n-night in his office and h-he looks r-really sad and t-tired."
Pete sighs to himself as he stops at a red light.
"Peter, I love you a lot a-and I-I'm probably overreacting with al that divorce shit c-cause I-I love you and your big heart and beautiful smile that l-lights up my world.... I love you so damn much, I couldn't even imagine where I would be w-without you, I-I would...."
"Probably be dead" Pete finishes for his husband.
Patrick cries and hands his phone to his mom.
"We will be there in 2 hours" Patrica says before hanging up.
Pete sighs and pulls up at the place where Declan had group therapy. "Well, we will be seeing 'Trick again soon" Pete assured Declan as they both exited the car and entered the building.

"We are going to go around in the circle and introduce ourselves and say why we are here.... I'm Willow Theodore the Third, yeah I know very strange name but I used to come to group therapy for my Panic disorder but now I have gotten a bunch better and now I'm one of the group leaders." Willow smiled at the kids and fumbled with her bandana. The nest four kids introduced themselves and then it was Declan's turn. He was nervous but Pete was sitting on a plastic chair next to him because he didn't want to sit alone.
"I-i'm D-Declan S-Stump-Wentz.. I-I am h-here c-cause I s-stutter a lot and I-I h-have m-mild PSTD f-from w-when I g-got into a car c-crash w-with my m-mom.." he attempted to smile but then hid his face. "You're a strong kid Declan.... Is that your dad?" She looked at Pete. Declan nodded "S-step D-dad... P-Pete, my o-other D-Dads n-name i-is Patrick. He i-is r-really s-strong a-and a-amazing...." He trailed off again and gave Pete a genuine smile.
Willow smiled "Pete, why don't you introduce yourself?" Pete shrugged and ran his hands through his silver-blue hair. "My name is Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz-Stump the Third, I'm here cause Dec wanted me here and I'm bipolar and have mild anxiety." Pete smiled and ruffled Declan's hair.
They went through all the kids and then started an activity where everyone would get to partner up and they would have to find something that they shared in interests. Declan was paired up with a  fifteen year old boy named Alex who had a lip and septum piercing. Pete just sat back and watched, occasionally he checked his twitter or sent Patrick heart emojis or sad faces.