Chapter 15: The End

I held Dad's hands and said,"You have to let me go and do this. If I won't, who will?" while shedding a tear. Dad started crying,"But.. I just got you and I don't want to lose you..". I smiled, "You won't.. I'll be right here.." while pointing at his heart. We hugged before I went to the team and hugged them. The medic was on standby just incase. I headed towards the bomb and asked everyone to stay away from me at least a few meters away. It was gonna blow in 10 seconds. I got ready, looked at the team for the last time, and mouthed an 'Ohana' to them before it blows up.

When it finally did, I tried my best to contain it. It was getting harder and harder. My body wasn't use to absorb so much fire. It started to hurt. I was in pain, I screamed. Dad started to head towards me but I told him to go away. When I finally absorbed all the fire, I went unconscious and collapsed on the floor. The whole thing lasted about 2 minutes. Dad and the medic ran towards me. The medic asked Dad to give them some space to work. They checked my pulse which was going slower and slower. They check my heartrate and it was below 29. So, I was in critical condition. Just as they were about to reach for the equipment inside the bag. I flat lined. Dad was devistated. He grabbed me and held me in his arms while tears rolled down his cheek. The medic gave him a few minutes with me while packing all the equipment.

Everyone paid their condolences. Kono ran up to Dad and cried along with him. Everyone did. I flat lined for at least 5 minutes. The medic came for me but Dad didn't want to let go. The governor told Dad to let go of me. Just then, I let out a soft moan. Dad said,"Everyone! Stop what you are doing!". Everyone stopped. Dad listened closely and heard me breathing. I slowly opened my eyes to see my watery-eyed Dad and the rest of the team. Everyone was in shock. "My body hurts." I groaned. They all cheered and Dad hugged me as tight as possible, "Dad, I can't breathe." I said while gasping for air. He let go and laughed. After the whole occurence, we went home and became an Ohana again.

That is the end of the story. I am still working on another story which I haven't published. Follow me and get notified when I updated the book. Sorry this story took awhile. I was proscastinating a lot. But, finally it is finished. Thanks for reading!