WHY ONLY ME??

Mr. Ruth was staring right into my eyes when he said those four magical words (kindly note the sarcasm). There was a huge turmoil of questions in my mind , but the first and the foremost one is that - Why only me?
I was not able to open my mouth for good two minutes as if someone has applied superglue on both of my lips. Sensing my lack of words , he decided to go further.

"So , you can join your work from tomorrow. You have to come at my house at 7 a.m. sharp. Don't be late because I hate late comers. When you arrive at my house , my maid , Suzi , will lead the way to kitchen , where you will work , and you will have to prepare Piccolo Latte and serve me after I come out of my room. Any queries, Miss Ruiz."

"Why only me?" I blurted out without a second thought.

"Sorry. I think I didn't get you properly. I already said that you don't have any right of asking me anything. You are not in a position to do so , sweetie." He said calmly yet arrogantly.
Wait. Did he just said me sweetie. How dare he.

"First of all , don't call me sweetie. And second , I have all the right to know why you are hell bent to hire me as your coffee girl. You would obviously get someone else who is better than me. Your or my world does not only limit to this NYC. Correct me if I am wrong." I yelled angrily at him.

"Don't yell at me. No one had and has the audacity to do that and don't forget where you are standing. You are yelling at me and that too in my office. How dare you. Do as I say or else face the consequences." He said with the same tone.
I flinched for a second. Imagining about the consequences only made me shiver. I can't afford to loose my brother.

"Okay. But what after you left for your office. Do I have to follow you there too for your coffee?" I asked calmly.

"Yes. Because I need my coffee frequently. I will be your ride to my office and you have to sit in the office next to mine." Gesturing to the empty office. "You will be free after 7 p.m. For now you can go." He said.
I didn't move because I had a doubt. Shut up mind , it's not your Maths class or something that you have a doubt. Stupid mind.

"I said you can leave Miss Ruiz." He again said.

"I .....uhm......have  a ........ query." I said stammering.

"What"

"Salary. What about that salary that you will pay me." I said boldly.

"Don't worry about that salary , I will assure that the amount should be higher than what they pay you at the cafe. Any further queries or arguments." He said.
I nodded 'no' and stood there still.

"Good. I will text you my address. For now you can go and rest Miss Ruiz. And yaa , don't forget tomorrow 7 a.m." He said busying himself with the work.
I kept my head low and walked out of the main office. I was on the verge of crying. In what  mess I have gotten myself into.

When I reached the ground floor , I was quickly engulfed into a hug by the receptionist , I guess. She sensed my stiffness and backed off.

"Sorry. I was just-- just. I am sorry." She said apologetically.

"No. No. It's okay. I needed that one right now." I said smiling.

"Are you alright. What happened?" She asked.

"Yes. I am fine , I guess. I will be now working in this office." I said.