Party Night (Part-1)

Catelyn's party dress above.

I woke up with a lazy smile lacing on my lips due to the running of some of the yesterday night's events. It was one of the best nights I have ever spent.

Glancing at the watch I saw that I have no time for reminiscing about the things that happened to me last night. I saw the other side of the bed which was empty much to my disappointment. I think he left early for work. I shouldn't be surprised because he wouldn't have wait for me to get up and say goodbye to him.

Ugh! I don't want to go to work. It's so tiring.
Oh crap! Today is the party day. I have to go to work today or else I would be fired.

~~~~~~~~

After half an hour, I was standing in front of my office building. Finally I reach my destination. After saying brief 'hi's' and 'hellos' to my colleagues, I straight away walked towards my cabin hoping that Mr. Ruth doesn't notice that I am late for work.

"I want you in my cabin now Ms. Ruiz." He said over the intercom.

"Yes Sir." I said meekly.

Come on Catelyn, it's time you hear some colourful words from Mr. Ruth for you being late in the office.

"Do you need anything Sir." I said once I opened the door to his cubicle.

"You very well know why have I called you hear. So tell me the reason." He said going through some of his important files.

"No Sir, I don't know what you are talking about." I said trying to play innocent.

"Don't try to be innocent Ms. Ruiz. I know that you are not that innocent which you chose to become now. But anyways I don't want to waste my time behind you as I also have some other important things which needs my attention more than you. So care to explain that why are you late today." He said lifting his blue eyes from the white pages with black ink on the file in which he was looking.

"Sir actually yesterday night I......."

"Ms. Ruiz it was just a night that I spend with you. You don't have to make any issue regarding to it." He said laughing.

"I know Sir but I wanted to tell you that yesterday......"

"Just snap out of it Ms. Ruiz. It was just a plain boring night that I chose to spend with my ugly, boring P.A. Do you know what, it was the worst night that I have ever spent in someone's house. It was better that I would have walked 10 minutes and took a cab to my home, where I could at least sleep properly." He said huffing in frustration.

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes after hearing such words from him. I thought that this night would be as special to him as it was for me but I should have given it a thought about whom I am talking. A millionaire who is no less than a jerk head and a great playboy. Of course this night would be boring for him as we didn't......

"Will you just stand here all day and watch me like I have two heads or will go to your cabin and start working, lazy pig."

"No Sir. First I want to clear out all your misunderstandings. Do you know what Sir, I was also not going to talk about yesterday night which I spent with some random guy out of generosity which I didn't intend to do so. You made me think of that night which I clearly forgot. You asked me the reason why I was late, so here is the reason. I was late for office because I didn't get enough sleep yesterday night, all thanks to the guy under whom I work, made me worked overtime. And on top of it, he stayed at my home last night which piled up my exhaustion. Is this explanation sufficient to your question as to why I was late. Thank you Sir. Now I got to go as I have loads of work to do." I said bravely. I patted my shoulder silently for such a great comeback and turned around to leave but forgot something. I took out a device which is commonly called phone from my pocket.