My Opposite Love Story

Shelby's POV

"C'mon babe it'll be fun" he teased. I glared at the wall some more. Going to Amie Sheltor's end of the year party was the last way I wanted to spend my Friday night. "You know that party is going to be shitty and there and better was to spend our la- I mean Friday nights together. He looked slightly suspicious of my slip, but then seemed to shrug it off. I turned away from him so he wouldn't see the single tear cascading down my face, and I bit my lip to keep from bawling. "Is this because of your jealousy of me choosing to work with Diana instead if you for our Christmas project? Because if it is, your acting pretty shallow about it." I whirled around, not caring anymore if my tears showed . " No I don't want to go to the damn party because it will be hell for me and you know it." I stomped my foot angrily. "Do you really think I'm that petty!" I shouted. His eyes shined with alarm and I felt a little remorseful yelling at him like that, but he had asked for it. When he replied it wasn't the answer I was expecting at all. "You know what Shel? No I don't but you've become someone else the last few months. Your no longer the girl I fell in love with." My breath caught in my throat and I just stood there dumbfounded. I couldn't help what's happened but i couldn't tell James. He would label me as a freak, or worse, be afraid if me. "Look Shelby, I don't know what's going on, but if you would just talk to me, it doesn't have to be this way" he whispered, cupping my cheek in his hand. Tears streamed down my face, and ever so slightly I shook my head. He gazed at me with disappointment then sighed. "Alright...i guess this is goodbye then" he leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead softly, then looked into my blue eyes tenderly." I'm sorry Shel..." And just like that he sauntered away leaving me alone with only my broken heart for comfort. I hesitated for a moment then ran after him "JAMES WAIT" I yelled, tripping over bumps in the sidewalk. I finally caught sight of him, almost near the bus stop. He turned around surprised and I almost ran smack into him, breathing heavily. I looked him straight in the eye "I will explain everything, but somewhere else?". He nodded, and taking my hand, he led me back to his place. After he unlocked the door, I realized this is the first time I've been here in a while. I haven't been here since... what happened. He shared a house with his sister, so everything usually remained tidy. I hoped Caitlyn wasn't over because I wasn't on good terms with her or his sister. Maddie always thought that her brother should go out with Caitlyn, given they were best friends, and had always had a grudge against me when he chose me instead.

Just then I heard a squeal, and a form usher out the hallway and jumped into James arms. It was Caitlyn." I'm so glad your back, did you finally break it off with her?" she giggled " I mean she was such a drag these last few months.". He looked uncomfortable, and glanced at me. Caitlyn then finally noticed me and blushed with embarrassment. "Oh I see you guys are still together" she whispered. I felt betrayed. "Shel.." he started toward me " it's not what you think". "No you know what I don't care James, it was stupid to come here and talk. It was stupid to trust you." I stormed out leaving him speechless. Tears ran down my face like little rivers as i walked they way back home, and I didn't even notice the cold. My anger was no where near how upset i felt. How could he! Especially with her. Suddenly my mind just stopped and I grew numb. Then I ran to the bridge.

Hey guys! it's been awhile since I've updated it or anything but I wanted to start this story because what happens lays very close to my heart because my best friend had almost the same experience. Please feel free to comment or message me about anything you don't like or if you wanted something to add and I do apologize if there is any mistakes, because I'm typing this on my phone. I know this is a short prologue but i will update soon. ILYA :)