River of Guilt

Shelby's POV
Ugh why does my head hurt? Why can't I see anything . My vision was do blurred all I could make out was shapes moving all around me. I think I see a needle , I hate sharp things . 'NOOOO" I tried to scream, tears streaming down my face . I couldn't say anything . I started slipping away but I heard James . James James , why are you here? that was my last thought before I was swept away into unconsciousness .

James POV

"Shelby!!!" I yelled , shoving through nurses and doctors. I had to reach her, I had too. Choking back sobs, I finally reached her cart, running along beside it. Tears were streaming down her face as they took some of her blood and she was tossing and turning . "Shelby, SHELBY" I cried out, but she wouldn't answer.

"Son, you have to sit down now, she is immediately going into surgery, we will call you when she is done," A doctor said, restraining me from following them any further . Blood rushed to my head and I couldn't think straight. I slumped down in a seat as tears streamed down my face. this is all my fault.

Shel, baby, come back to me please.

Maylacai's POV

I looked calm, something I somehow managed to do . I could James, crying in a seat, cussing quietly. I could see her parents, mom crying quietly, dad seeming nonchalant. asshole.

I stared guiltily at my hands. Shelby was in here because of me. If I had warned her. because I knew what happened wasn't an accident. I knew who hit Shelby Malone with a car.

And I couldn't say anything about it.

*Three Hours later*
James POV

"Ma'am" I heard and looked up sharply. A nurse was standing by Analise, Shelby's mom. "You can come see her now" she said, but I noticed she was a bit nervous, like she was trembling slightly.

We all got up and walked toward her room. The doctor was waiting for us, clipboard in hand. I ignored him. I walked up to Shelby, who was sleeping peacefully, and grabbed her hand, stroking it lightly.
She looked beautiful, even beat up like this.

"Whe-I coughed , throat dry with fear-when will she wake up?" I whispered, voice hoarse.

The doctor averted his eyes, and the nurse quietly backed out.

"She's not going too."