Tears and a Bridge

Shelby's POV

My hair whipped around my face like a cyclone, the wind making me cheeks rosy, and bringing tears to my eyes. I gripped the edge of the cable on the side of the bridge, leaning out over the edge. This had been where me and James had first met. I closed my eyes and just ...remembered.

"Flashback"

I giggled as my friend Malya tripped in her heels, and she glared at me. "I'm sorry Maylacai I can't help it, you look like a seal out of water." I laughed. "Aww c'mon Shel you could be more helpful, Proms coming up and I have to be able to dance in these!" she said exasperated. "Atleast you have a date" I sighed looking out at the bridge. We had been walking on the sidewalk for two miles now, and had reached the London Bridge. Maylacai looked at me sympathetically. "I thought you were going with Jesse" she said presumptuously . I shook my head,biting my lip. Trying to find a new subject, I grinned mischeaviously at her." Want to attempt the bridge" I asked. She smiled at me, bending down to rip her shoes off. "Yeah, but barefoot" she said exasperated " i don't think anything is more painful than this" we both burst out laughing and I hugged her. With her chocolate brown hair curled to perfection and her green eyes glowing with happiness, it was no wonder she was the prettiest girl at school. "Race you to the top!" she shouted, takin off at breakneck speed. "No fair!" I yelled back, taking off after her. I soon caught up to her and I winked, the pulled ahead. I loved running, the feel of the wind blowing my hair back, and the blurred perspective of everything around me. it secluded me in a way that gave me such a huge rush. Then I slammed into someone, feeling my ankle twist with a sharp pain. He staggered back, and regained his footing, holding me in his arms. I looked up mortified and caught myself staring into the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen."Shel-" Mayla stopped and gasped. He chuckled and slowly pulled away from me, still steadying me with one hand. "Can you walk?" he asked gently, in the sexiest voice I've ever heard. Damn what is wrong with me I just met the guy! "uh..." I stuttered, blushing crimson. I couldn't get those sapphire eye out of my head. He laughed again, then whispered in my ear "Either way , you're the prettiest girl I've ever been tackled by." I blushed again and I noticed Mayla off to the side, on the phone . "I think I can walk" I said breathlessly, and he took his hand away. I immediately stumble and he caught me again." I think you sprained your ankle babe"he drawled. I giggled high pitched, wanting to slap myself. Then Mayla walked up to me and looked at me worriedly. "Hey shel.... I have to stop by my moms... are you okay to get home by yourself?" She asked "Ill stop by later." I smiled at her, a little worried. She looked pretty tense. "Sure" I squeaked. She looked at the guy strangely, then shook her head and sauntered off. Suddenly feeling uncomfortable, I wriggled free of his arms, only to almost collapse again with pain. He looked at me amused then supported me again. "Why don't I just take you home" he said. And before I could protest, he scooped me up like a princess, and took off jogging in the direction of home. "You don't even know where I live" I muttered. "Don't worry, " he whispered "I'm taking you to the hospital first to make sure your okay." His arms were too comfy to stay awake, and I started to close my eyes. "At least tell me your name then" I whispered, drifting off. The last thing I heard before that was a chuckle and a slight pause."You can call me James."

"Flashback Ends"

I leaned over the edge again, fresh tears streaming down my face. I was so scared. I didn't want to die, but I couldn't keep living like this. I texted Mayla a quick message saying I loved her and I'm was so sorry. I didn't bother to look the reply. I though of James eyes one last time. I wanted his blue eyes to stay in my mind when I jumped. Then tires squealed behind me and I whirled around just in time to see a black SUV slam into me, shoving me off the side of the bridge.