ch7

Oh! Today is it, my sister wedding! Well, I guess it's Elias's wedding too. She's going to look so beautiful! I just love her dress! It's a romantic slip dress with lace accents and long bell sleaves. I throw my blankets off my bed and run out of my room in my yoga pants and t-shirt. I stayed at the pack house with Vera last night for the wedding today. I run into my sister's room and jump on her bed. "Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! You are getting married!" I yell jumping on her bed. She moves under the blanket. "Go make breakfast I'll be down soon." she moans curling back into a ball. I laugh and jump off the bed. "If you aren't down in 20, I'm getting the cold water." I threaten walking out. I skip down the hall humming "here comes the bride".

My mom walks in the kitchen while I'm making eggs. "Good morning kitten." She says embracing me. "Mom?" I ask confused. My mom died a year ago. "Yes kitten. It's been a while." She says holding me at arm's length studying me carefully. "I'm so very proud of how strong you have been." She adds embracing my tightly. I squeeze back holding back my tears. "You need to trust your instinct." She whispers in my ear. "Say hello to my beautiful grandson for me." she says with a kiss on my forehead. "I love you kitten. Stay strong I will always be with you." I nod as tears run down my face. "I love you too." She disappears. I continue to cook breakfast with bacon and toast.

Sarah finally makes it downstairs. "Morning, dove." She says sitting down at the bar waiting for me to serve her. She has called me that since we were little. "Morning princess." I reply setting her plate in front of her. She digs in once she is finished, she looks to me with sad eyes. "How's Ronin?" she asks smiling at me with sad eyes. "He is good. He misses you; we both miss you." I say taking her hand gently "I'm sorry dove." She says squeezing my hand. "It was my time." She hesitates smiling at me softly "I want you to raise him as your own don't let him think he is anything less. Tell him about Elias and me, please." She starts to cry. I wipe a tear from her face gently. "I will Sarah." I say sharing in her sadness.

"Can I ask for some advice?" I ask quietly looking down at our still joined hands. She nods squeezing my hand reassuringly "I don't know how I'm going to help run this pack. A few pointers would be a great help." I nearly whisper. She reaches over cupping my face with both her hands. "You just need to believe in yourself. I always knew you would be the better Luna of us two. You are caring, and compassionate, and strong, and more stubborn than a mule. You will know the path to take. I love you; I will always be with you." I hug her and reply "I love you too."

I wake wrapped tightly in strong bare arms. The warmth from the touch makes me want to purr. I snuggle in closer wiggling my butt to get more comfortable. A low groan rumbles in my ear. "you're killing me sugar." Cassius playfully growls nuzzling his nose into my neck. I wiggle a little more before finally finding the perfect spot. Every inch facing him is touching and his touch is sending heat through my whole body.

He tightens his hold around my waist pulling me impossibly close. "you're so beautiful." He says inhaling deeply through his nose. Smile in response. "As much as I would love to stay in this bed with you forever, you have training with Luther soon." He says running his nose along my neck and just under my ear. "He can wait. I'm comfy." I say pulling the blanket up higher. "Can I let you in on a secret?" he whispers, his breath on my neck sending shivers down my spine. I nod, sure my voice will reveal how weak I feel in his arms right now. "He adds a mile to your run for every minute you're late." He says kissing just under my ear. My skin feels like its on fire in the best way possible from his actions. "what's an extra thirty miles." I say smirking at him. he laughs so hard it shakes us both.

I turn looking at his beautiful olive eyes. I run my hand down his bare chest. He inhales sharply closing his eyes. I push slightly and he lays on his back. I straddle his waist putting both my hands on his broad chest. he looks up to me with hooded eyes. "What are you doing to me love?" he asks with gravel to his voice. My core heats at the mere sound of it. I place a single finger to his lips quieting him. A cocky smirk spreads across his full inviting lips. He quickly but gently nips my finger and moan slips past my lips at the feeling. His eyes flash black while my own smirk conquers my lips. I take my hand lightly tracing the tattoos spread across his chest. He groans laying his head back. After tracing and studying them for a few minutes I lean in real close to his lips. He leans in with anticipation lightly brushing my lips with his own.