Chapter 1

Ever since I was a child, I've always had this owl following me. I know it sounds weird, how can you tell it's the exact same owl everytime you see it.
Well first off you see, he's always there watching me from afar waiting to see when he is needed. He's there in an instant whether it's good or bad to protect me or help guide me along my journey.
The owl is white with grey, he's very beautiful. He doesn't have the normal yellow or black solid eyes which is very odd to me, they are a glowing light sky blue, but it just makes him that much more beautiful.
He watches my every move, when he is near, waiting for when I need him the most.

8 years later

I feel the wind hit my face like a cold winter blast. It shouldn't be this cold out yet in Hartford, Connecticut, but it is almost the middle of the school year. We only have a month and a half left until Christmas break.
I'm only excited because it's almost Halloween, that means my best friend Chloe's Halloween mask party is just right around the corner. She throws the best parties. Though I have always felt reluctant to go, probably because I don't like being in a crowded room with a lot of people who have some extreme emotions that seem very unusual to have in the eighth grade, at least to me it is. Hopefully this party will be more exciting. I'm going as an angel and I can't wait.

I'm about to walk up the steps to school when I see Chloe running up to me as fast as she can, "Hey Chloe, what's got you in such a hurry this morning?" I say with a laugh.

She waves hi to me as she puts her hands on top of her head to even out her breathing before she speaks. With a sigh she finally says, "We have a new classmate and he is HOT!!!" She emphasize on the word hot.

This is her typical ogling. She is always talking about some boy. I just shake my head at her and start walking up the school steps to let her drool over some new found crush of hers. She's hurries to get beside me as we go into the school and head straight for our lockers.

"Who's all coming to your party Saturday night?" I question her. This will hopefully get her mind off of the boy and I'm grateful when her face changes from lust to a huge smile.

"Well practically all of the eighth grade, I've heard that some of the ninth and the seventh graders are going to be there too. So it has to be perfect for the ninth graders, if not it might ruin our start into high school." She says with a pout.

I can feel that she is very worried about us starting off our high school years with bad reputations over a party she threw in the middle of eighth grade. She really shouldn't be though her parties are always amazing, "Chloe, I love your parties, maybe not everyone who comes to them, but you always do an amazing job. I don't see anyone not having a great time." I reassured her.

"Thank you Hope. I'm still anxious about all of it, but that helps to ease it a little bit."

I felt it ease her tension while we headed to class as the bell finally rings prompting us that school has at last started for the day.

The first couple of classes, algebra and english, are very boring as I'm already caught up on everything for all my classes. I only have three classes with Chloe which doesn't bug me, but she always seems to make the day go by faster.

I went into my third period classroom, biology, and sat down next to Chloe. She is in a very happy mood considering she doesn't like biology at all and our teacher wasn't the best, but he wasn't the worst either. He just didn't have any enthusiasm in his teaching.

Chloe looked straight at me and smiled. I looked at her a little confused, but brushed it off when I heard my name called over the intercom. I reluctantly got up from my desk to walk to the front office, as I thought about what it was they could want to talk to me about.