Prologue

I love seeing this beautiful creature, but sometimes I also hate it.
He seems to always know where I'm at.
There's this beautiful creature that follows me to no end.

When it first started, I was only a child, about 6 years old. It was when my aunt got diagnosed with lung cancer.

I over heard my mom talking to my Aunt Susie and her saying she only had 2 years left to live, at least that is what her doctors had told her. I could feel my eyes and cheeks getting wet as soon as I heard this.
My mom had started bawling when my aunt told her this, and I could literally feel her and my aunts pain as they shared this heartbreaking moment together. I knew that it wasn't only my pain that I felt. It was something that I've been able to feel from other people when I hear them talking about something, anything with emotions or feelings.
It was still very odd and very new to me to be able to feel their pain, I didn't know what to think about it. So I decided to go into the back yard and sit in my tree house and let my tears fall.
After what felt like an entirnity of crying, I heard my mother's voice calling out to me to come inside and say bye to my Aunt Susie. I sighed as I sat up and looked out the window of my tree house and as I did I saw this beautiful majestic owl, it memorized me the way he just watched me for the first time. His eyes were this bright sky blue and his body was covered in white and grey feathers.
I wish I could have took a photo of him in that moment just to preserve his beauty forever.
He followed me with his eyes, which looked like they were in pain as well, as I got down from my tree house watching him as I slowing walk into the house to say bye to my Aunt Susie.

We were always close, when she would come over, she would always come straight to me first and spend time just with me. We would play with my dolls, have tea parties, dress up as princesses, watch movies, and she would always tell me these amazing stories, some about princesses, fairies, or anything magical, and we would always get so lost in them.

"Aunt Susie?" I call out as I went into the house looking for her to tell her bye.

"Hi, sweetie. I'm going to miss you until next time." She says as soon as she sees me with her reddened and puffy eyes.

"Do you have to go auntie?" I whine.

"Yes sweetie, I have to go to the doctors."

With tears welling in my eyes I say, "Ok auntie, but you have to come back soon, please."

"Awe, yes dear I'll be back soon. I'll see you next weekend." She says as she gives me a big bear hug.

"Yay yay!!! I can't wait to spend next weekend with you."

"Alright, bye sweetie." She says as she gives me a kiss on the forehead and walks out the door.

I was so sad, but so excited to spend next weekend with my auntie.

Unfortunately when the next weekend came my Aunt Susie was to weak to drive. She was in chemo all week and from what my mom had told me chemo makes you tired and weak, and lose weight and even your hair.
I understand that she needs her rest and can't always keep her promises, even if it upsets me sometimes, I will pray for her to get better and not have anymore cancer and be able to come and see me again soon. I miss my auntie all the time. Sometimes I wished we lived closer to her.

I waited and waited to be able to see her and to play with her like we use to before she was told she had lung cancer. She had her days to where she was feeling better, but not 100% better and then she also had her days to where she had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days, because of how bad it could get.

I started to spend more time outside in my tree house pondering my thoughts and missing my aunt.
It had been about 3 weeks since she had come to visit us and I wanted to be by myself most of the time. My mom would always ask me why I didn't invite any of my friends over or want to go over to their house. I just told her it was because I wanted to be alone and wait for my Aunt Susie to come and play with me. She would get this awe look on her face and teary eyed, but she understood and just told me ok and if I wanted to talk or play with her I could.