Chapter 5

Hi Guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while; i've been busy reading a ton of fanfics instead of writing haha. Anyways, I started readng "after" and it's kind of similar to mine actually which is weird but go read it because it's amazing and I cried a ton. Anyways, here's the 5th chapter! Let me know what you guys think :)

-

I woke up the next morning, still thinking about Luke from the night before. What could I have possibly done to make him hate me so much? And even if he does hate me, why do I care so much? I tried to brush the thoughts off and think about my night ahead with Calum. 

"Hey Em, I'm gonna go get some lunch at Emilio’s, you wanna join?" Hanna asked. Emilio’s was an Italian restaurant just outside of campus that had pizza to die for. 

"Sounds perfect! I replied. 

When we finally got there, Hanna and I ordered a medium cheese pizza for us to share. 

"Okay, so what's the plan for tonight?" Hanna asked 

"I don't know,” I said while scarfing down a piece of pizza. "He said he wants to see some scary movie called the neighbors." I had never been one for scary movies, but Calum seemed so eager about the movie and I didn't want to seem like a loser for refusing to go. 

"Scary movie?! Earth to Emily, It's a total date!" Hanna replied, waving her hands in the air. 

"No, it's not!" I reassured her. "We are just two friends who are getting to know each other better." To be honest I wasn't calling it a date because I didn't actually know if it was one. However I have to admit, Calum is extremely attractive so dating him wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say." Hanna mumbled. 

Just then I got a text. It was from Calum.

"Hey Emily. So Ashton decided he wants to have a get together tonight at the house we are staying in and he is begging me to stay here for it. Would you be terribly upset with me if we rescheduled the movie for another time? Also, you and your friends are all invited. It starts at 9 :) -Cal xx"

"Change of plans" I said, looking at Hanna who was now inhaling her pizza. 

"What?" She asked. "I'm hungry!"

"Anyways" I laughed, "We are now going to the boys house tonight for a get together. You in?"

"But what about your date with Calum?" 

"It's not a date!" I repeated. "But he asked to reschedule it. Just please tell me you want to go." I pleaded. 

"Oh I'm totally there." Hanna smiled. 

"Great." I smiled back. 

By the time we got back from lunch it was around 3 pm so I decided to hit the gym in the meantime. When I got back, I found Hanna cracking up at her computer screen." 

"What's so funny?" I asked. She turned the computer around to reveal Michael on face time. 

"Oh! Hey Michael!" 

"Hey, Emily!" He beamed. "You ready for tonight?" 

"Of course!" I replied.

"Great! I was just warning Hanna about how crazy these things get." He winked at me. 

Just before he could answer, Hanna chimed in. "Nothing we can't handle." She smiled at me. 

"Whatever you say,” I responded, giving her a concerned look. "Do you mind if I invite Hayley and Sam?" I asked Michael.