Chapter 6

Luke looked at me, and I could feel my heart beat start to increase. My blood rushed to my head and my stomach was in knots. I wanted so badly to kiss him. I started to close my eyes and lean in.

"Dare." He spat. I looked up at him. His arms were folded and his face was blank. It looked like he had no emotion at all. 

I felt my stomach drop. What? Why was he saying dare? Why didn't he want to kiss me? A million questions went through my head as I tried not to make how I was feeling on the inside influence my outer facial expression. 

"oooooh kay then." Ashton said, looking quite puzzled. "Emily, what do you dare Luke to do?" He asked me. 

I couldn't even think. How was I supposed to think of a good dare when my head was spinning like this?

"I...uhm..." I started, trying to compose myself. 

"I've got one." Calum chimed in. 

Thank goodness, I thought. 

"Hit me." Luke said, giving him a guy nod. 

"I dare you to make out with Sam."

He wouldn't do it. There's no way he would do it. 

"Okay" Luke shrugged.

What the hell?? Luke was about to make out with Sam but he wouldn't even kiss me? There was no way I was letting this one go. 

"Wait a minute." I said, "You're willing to make out with Sam but not me?" I asked, rather proud of my harsh tone. 

Luke Laughed. 

"I guess so." He replied

"Well why the hell is that?" I said furiously. 

"I dunno." He shrugged. "I just don't want to make out with you." Everyone was now starring at me, and I was trying with all of my strength not to start crying. 

"Jesus Emily, it's not that big of a deal." Luke said. 

Before I could come up with a comeback, Sam chimed in. 

"How about we just stop the game now. I'm not really in the mood to kiss anyone anyways." She gave me a look of pity. 

"That sounds like a good idea" Michael agreed. 

Before I knew it, everyone was at the counter eating snacks, and I still hadn't managed to get up from the floor. I was so embarrassed and hurt. After about 10 minutes of just sitting there, I felt a pair of hands hug me from behind. 

"I would have kissed you." I hear Calums voice whisper in my ear. I smiled. I was still upset, but Calum was good at making things better. 

"Thanks." I turned around and gave him a small smile. I felt so thankful to have a friend like Calum. I grabbed his hand, and he lifted me up off the ground. Just then, I heard the doorbell ring. 

"Let the party begin!" Michael shouted as he blasted the stereo and walked over to answer the door. 

A hundred people must have walked through the door and before I knew it, the party had begun. My spirits were immediately lifted at the sight of the crowded house. After all, who cares about whether Luke wants to make out with me or not? It wasn't like I actually had real feelings for him other than the fact that he was slightly attractive. 

"So is this what a typical party at the 5SOS house looks like?" I laughed. 

"Pretty much." Calum shouted over the music. "We have a house here and one in LA as well. It just depends on what we are working on as to where we stay. Michael always wants to throw a party when we come to America. He loves the people here."