Chapter 4

5.... 4.... 3.... 2...1... AHHHHH

The crowd cheered as the four boys walked on to the stage, smiling and waving. My friends and I were standing right in the middle of the stage so that I was right in front of who I remembered to be Luke from my research. He was a lot more beautiful in person than I could have imagined. He was wearing a light blue flannel that accented his blue eyes, and dark skinny jeans with a whole in the knee. His arm was filled with bracelets and for some reason when he smiled I got butterflies in the pit of my stomach. 

I looked over at Calum, who was also looking at me and smiling. I felt happy to know that Calum already thought of me as a friend. He had such a warm, upbeat personality and I felt like I could be myself around him. I looked over at Hanna only to find her locking eyes with Michael. I was happy that maybe she found someone to get rid of Charles. Next, I looked at Ashton and gave him a small wave. He waved back and flashed me a bright smile. 

"Uhm, Hi. We're 5 Seconds of Summer." Luke said a bit awkwardly into the microphone. All the girls around me screamed at the top of their lungs and Luke let out a small side smile that showed how much he appreciated his fans. As soon as he smiled I immediately felt the butterflies creeping up again. 

"Are you ready to rock tonight New York City?!" Michael screamed into the microphone. Again, all the girls screamed as loud as they possibly could. I guess I didn't realize how much the 5SOS fans admired the boys. I could understand why, considering how attractive they all were. 

Just then they started playing what I recognized to be "Voodoo Doll" Hayley, Hanna and I spent the next 5 songs dancing and screaming at the top of our lungs; I was surprised to see that they both knew the words to the songs. I guess they must have done some research as well. 

"Alright do you mind if we slow it down a bit?" Luke asked the crowd. As expected, the crowd roared in agreement. 

"Alright" Luke smiled. "This song is called Wherever You Are." 

This was definitely one of my favorite songs, and just as Luke started singing the chorus he looked down at me. I looked at him, smiling; however, as soon as I met his eyes he immediately looked away, not even bothering to return the smile. It was almost as if he didn't want me knowing that he was looking at me. Even though it was a bit odd, I just decided to ignore it and keep singing along. 

"Wherever you are" Luke finally finished. 

Again, the crowd went nuts. After a few more songs the gig was finally over and Hanna, Hayley and I went backstage to go congratulate the boys. The first one I saw was Ashton, who literally ran up to me, giving me a big bear hug. 

"Emily! It's so good to see you! I'm so happy you could come!" Thanks Ash, I laughed. "These are my friends, Hanna and Hayley."

"It's so nice to finally meet you guys!" He smiled. "Sorry I didn't get to meet you at the party, Hanna!"

"That's okay!" Hanna replied. "I'm sorry too!"

"It's alright." Ashton responded, "I'm just glad I reunited with this one." He said, giving me a slight nudge. I smiled at him. 

"Alright guys", Ashton continued, "Luke, Cal and Michael are out greeting fans right now, but they should be back soon. I'm also going to head out and say hello. Make yourselves at home here in the green room. There's plenty to do!"

Ashton was right, their green room looked like a total man cave. There was a whole area for playing video games, a bar, a flat screen TV, a pool table, and even a small stage. 

"Who's up for a round of Mario kart??" Hanna asked

"Totally!" Hayley replied.

"I'm in!" I echoed.