Chapter Two

Swiftpaw limped into the camp with her littermates, following the warriors. She glanced around the camp and nudged Tinypaw towards the medicine den, "Come on, you need your wounds checked so you can help Littlefountain." she murmured. Tinypaw sighed and stumbled towards the medicine cat, holding one paw gingerly off the ground. Swiftpaw glanced back and beckoned her brother and sister, "Come on, you're going to catch an infection if you're not careful!" she called. Snowpaw shook out her blood stained white fur and bounded towards them with Gingerpaw. Littlefountain slipped out to meet them and picked Tinypaw up by the scruff of her neck. Swiftpaw followed her inside and sat down to lick her wounds.

Swiftpaw yawned and sat up in her nest. She glanced over at Tinypaw, the only cat who was still healing, beside herself, and got up. She tiptoed past Littlefountain's nest and pulled out a couple of the marigold leafs. Swiftpaw drug them back to Tinypaw and chewed them up to rub into her wounds. Tinypaw looked up as she began to pat the leafs on the wounds, "You don't have to do that, it can wait until Littlefountain wakes up." she murmured. Swiftpaw spat out the leaf, "I know, but I don't want you getting an infection. The Clan needs both of it medicine cats if ShadowClan is going to cause trouble." she mewed. Tinypaw murmured something and tucked her muzzle back under her paws. Swiftpaw patted the last of the leafs in place and slipped out into the clearing, "I bet Littlefountain would appreciate a mouse, Tinypaw too." she mewed, bounding over to the fresh kill pile. She picked out a vole and gulped it down quickly before grabbing a couple of mice and taking them back to the medicine den. She laid them down and sat down in her nest, licking her paws and running them over her face.