Chapter Fifteen (Bonus Chapter)

Wishdream yowled in terror as a huge tabby tom leaped at her, "Get out! No one wants you or your stupid Clan here!" he yowled. Icestar charged forward, "Leave my mate alone!" he snarled, tumbling the tom over and swiping his muzzle. Wishdream wrapped her tail around her kits and pushed her way through the disastrous gathering. A silver apprentice shot past her, skidding to a halt beside the other cats from SnowClan. A she-cat leaped at Wishdream, bowling her over. Her two tom kits shot forward, sinking their teeth into the she-cats tail. She turned and swatted them aside. The hit a tree with a thump and crack. She shoved the cat aside and crouched over her kits, "Sweetkit, Swampkit! Wake up." she mewled, nudging them desperately as rain matted their pelts. Her she-kit, Moonkit stumbled over to her, mewling in alarm as the she-cat charged them. Wishdream turned and reared onto her hind legs to face her. She recognized Smallflight, a WindClan warrior who had been Wishdream's friend.  Wishdream grabbed her shoulders and shoved her back, leaping forward and sinking her teeth into the Smallflight's neck. She yowled and torn free, hurtling into the battle. Icestar was crouched over his kits, Moonkit pressed into his side. He looked over at Wishdream, "Take Moonkit and the Clan to the barn, the senior warriors, the elders and I well hold off the Clans. Start a camp there." he mewed. Wishdream beckoned Moonkit over to her, "What about you." she mewed. Icestar shook his head and darted into the battle, a large group of cats following him. She recognized their pelts, Shadowjaw, Littleleaf, Carameltail, Lightningsky, Goldheart and Icyheart with their brother Crowpaw, all of them charging into their death. Wishdream shot forward and grabbed Crowpaw. He looked up at her, "Deputy?" he mewed, his voice shrill with terror. She realized her cream and white fur was slicked back and turned brown with rain and mud, "Yes. You are not going to fight, only elders and senior warriors are going with Icestar. I'm leading the Clan to the barn." she mewed. Crowpaw's eyes rounded sadly, "We'll never see them again, well we?" he mewed. Wishdream shook her head sadly. Crowpaw raised his head bravely, "I'll carry Moonkit for you, Wishstar." he mewed, picking up the young kit and dashing up the slope, Wishdream streaking after him and down the other slope. She glanced back as the Clan streamed after her, their paws silent under the sound of the pound of the rain. She lifted her muzzle and pushed harder, fixing her gaze on the abandoned twoleg barn that was just visible in the distance.