Chapter Six

Tinypaw crouched over the kit, licking its head gently. Swiftpaw kneaded the herbs together with her paws, adding more as needed with her teeth, "How is this, Tinypaw?" she called. Tinypaw sniffed the mixture, "A little more, it needs to be paste so she can swallow it." she instructed. Swiftpaw nodded and kneaded it. Gingerpaw and Snowpaw bounded up and a bundle of water-soaked moss and dropped it by the kit. Tinypaw picked it up and squeezed water into the kits mouth, stroking its neck so it would swallow. Swiftpaw wiped her paws and drug the herbs over to Tinypaw, "Here." she mewed. Tinypaw dabbed her paw in the mixture and wiped it on the kits muzzle. Swiftpaw sighed in relief as it licked the herbs off instinctively. Tinypaw finished and pulled the moss around the kit, "She should be fine, I should Crystalfern the mixture and she watched how to prepare it so she can treat the kit while we are gone." Wishdream dipped her head, "SnowClan is in your debt." she mewed. She beckoned Caria over, "You know where Wolf Hollow Cove is, yes?" she mewed. Caria nodded, "Yes, mother." Wishdream nodded curtly, "You will take these cats there, and carry the SnowClan stone for them so they may find a new home." she instructed. Caria nodded, "Yes, mother." she bounded over to Swiftpaw, "I am Moonpaw. Mother sent me to help you get to Wolf Hollow Cove and to carry the SnowClan stone back with you." she mewed. Swiftpaw smiled at her, "That is great! Though, I didn't know there was a SnowClan stone." she mewed. Moonpaw nodded, "I can show you it!" she mewed, bounding off. Swiftpaw gathered her siblings and padded after her. Moonpaw nodded towards the branches of a tree, "I can't bring it down, but we can come up and look at it." she explained. Swiftpaw shrugged and leaped into the tree, hauling herself up to a branch. Moonpaw followed her with Snowpaw, then Gingerpaw and last Tinypaw. Swiftpaw looked at Snowpaw and Moonpaw, "You two could be related if you didn't have the silver patch on your chest." she mewed. Snowpaw and Moonpaw blinked at each other, "Wow,  we could." Moonpaw mewed. Snowpaw leaped further up, leading the way until Moonpaw pushed ahead and stopped near the top. She stuck her paw into a hollow in the tree and pulled out a pure white stone, "This is the SnowClan stone." she mewed and rolled it over to reveal a small chink in its surface, "This is where the fragment will go, I think." she mewed. Switfpaw nodded, "If that is how small the fragments are, how are we ever going to find them?" she fretted. Snowpaw shrugged and stood up with a whisk of her tail, "We'll find away! Now, let's get goin'!" she mewed, leaping down.