Chapter Five

Swiftpaw jumped onto the rock and looked over the tall grass, "I see a barn, Dream might be there." she mewed. Tinypaw blinked up at her, "That sounds like our best bet. Besides, we can rest and eat there." she mewed. Swiftpaw dropped down and lead the way towards the barn, "I don't know how we didn't hear about this barn before, it is so close to the Clans territory." Snowpaw commented, peering into the tall grass around them. Gingerpaw nodded, "Yeah, we didn't hear about SnowClan though." he mewed. Swiftpaw broke out of the grass and waited beside the barn, "Ok, let's go." she mewed. She stepped into the barn and came face to another she-cat. She blinked in surprise and inspected the silver and white kit in front of her. "Hello..." The kit mewed, "I'm Caria, who are you?" she mewed. Swiftpaw glanced at Tinypaw, "Wow, she is very small. She is barely half your size." she mewed. Tinypaw nodded shooting her a glance of pity, "She must be sick or starving!" Swiftpaw turned back to the kit, "I'm Swiftpaw and these are my littermates, Gingerpaw, Snowpaw and Tinypaw." she mewed. Caria blinked in confusion, "Your apprentices? I thought you would be senior warriors." she mewed, "Because I'm an apprentice, and mom said apprentices were small like me." she mewed. Swiftpaw glanced at Snowpaw, "N-No, were apprentices." she mewed. Caria shrugged, "I'll take you to my mom, she'll know more." she mewed, turning and padding further into the barn. Swiftpaw bounded after her, pricking her ears as she heard voices, "That good-for-nothing kit of yours is missing again, Wishdream! You need to straighten out her whiskers or I will!" a calmer she-cat's voice greeted the tom's angry words, "I sent her out hunting, Hawkfang. She will be back soon. You really shouldn't pull that tone with your leader, anyways." she mewed. Caria skidded up to them, "Wow, she is only half their size!" Swiftpaw whispered. Tinypaw nodded, "Their al my size or smaller." Gingerpaw blinked, "I noticed we were almost bigger than our mentors, but I didn't think we were growing faster than normal..." he mewed. Wishdream looked up as Swiftpaw approached, "You're here! We were waiting for you!" she mewed happily, bowing her head in the deepest respect. Swiftpaw blinked, "Er, were just apprentices..." she mewed awkwardly. Wishdream blinked, "Hmm, you must really be related to them then." she murmured. Tinypaw tipped her head, "Related to who?" she mewed curiously. Wishdream jerked her head up in surprise, "You don't know?!?" she gasped. Swiftpaw shook her head, "No." she mewed. Wishdream hung her head, "What are the Clans teaching their kits now." she whispered, "You're related to Lifestar and Deathstar, of course." she mewed. Swiftpaw opened her mouth but couldn't speak. Snowpaw stepped forward, "What?" she mewed. Wishdream stood up, "I know what you're doing here, I will take you to collect the Clans stones." she mewed, "I couldn't refuse to help Lifestar's kin." she mewed with a smile. Gingerpaw tipped his head, "Do you not like Deathstar?" he mewed. Wishdream shook her head, "Not at the moment, no. He is trying to take one of my kits, Tinykit." she mewed sadly. Tinypaw bounded up to her, "I'm a medicine cat, let me help." she mewed. Wishdream raised her head, "You would really try to help my kit?" she asked, blinking hopefully. Swiftpaw nodded, "Of course, we'll al help in any way we can." she mewed. Wishdream threw Hawkfang a glance, "And you said we shouldn't help them!" she hissed triumphantly.