• c h a p t e r 8 •

{ e d w a r d }

I decided to went out to check my phone. Pinatay ko kasi to kagabi before going to Maymay. Panigurado, hinahanap na naman ako.

*ting*

Sunod sunod na tunog ang umalingawngaw galing sa cellphone ko.

250 messages
189 missed calls

I sigh, ini-scan ko ang mga messages and mostly galing sa PA ko. Ilang messages galing sa mga kapwa kong artista, kila Yong, Christian at Vivoree, sa mga directors, sa manager ko, sa mga producers, kay Heaven, kay mummy, kay daddy at kay Laura.

Lahat sila hinahanap ako.

Binulsa ko nalang yung cellphone ko at humugot ng malalim na hininga. For sure, I'm going to pay the price of what I did yesterday.

Papasok na sana ulit ako nang mag ring na naman ang cellphone ko, isang tawag mula kay Laura.

"Hello."

"Oh my god!! Finally! You answer the phone! Where are you huh Young man!? Mum is crying because of what you did! Dad will get an investigator--"

"Laura.. calm down.."

"Calm down?! You are missing!--"

"Laura, I'm fine.."

"Too late dad just called the pol--"

"Laura!! Listen! I'm fine! No need to call the police! I'm with Maymay!"

"Are shouting at me huh Edward?! How could Y---what?!"

Mukang nabigla siya sa sinabi ko at natahimik ang kabilang linya.

"Laura...."

"YIEEEEE!"

See the reaction of my sister? Worrying to kilig real quick.

"Laura.. listen, tell Dad.."

"Yes! I'm going to tell Dad that you're with my Skrengee."

The familiar warmth of hearing my sister talk excitedly because of Maymay rush into my heart. I know Laura misses her as much as I do.

"No.. Laura.."

"What? Why?"

I bit my lip, still unsure what is going to happen next. Maymay and I are okay now.. but what about tomorrow, or the next day? Destiny will always keep us apart.

"You can't tell Dad.. even Mum.. or anyone."

She didn't answer.

"No one should know that I went here last night.. you know that right?"

Showbizz is not easy. People will always say bad things about you and being Maymay, were everyone has an eye for her, one wrong issue could make her life miserable.

I already made her life miserable.

And I don't want it to get worst.

"Is she.. alright?" Laura asked softly.

It breaks my heart hearing her voice like this. It seems that she wanted to cry. Maymay is always been Laura's younger sister kaya simula nong lumayo si Maymay sa amin, sobrang nalungkot si Laura.

"Yeah..she is..we spend a night together."

A squeal.

"It's not what you think Laura."

Laura laugh at the other side of the phone. "I know. Mum didn't spend a day lecturing you about s-e-x education just for you to forget it that easily right? Hug my Skreengee for me okay? I gotta go."