Megalovania

The human... Dodged the beams and bones like it was nothing. And for one of the first times... The eyes opened. And the mouth creased into a smile. The red pupils. The glint on the smile. Then Sans knew... He put his hand carefully back into his pocket and closed his eyes, taking a small sigh. This was it. But it didn't discourage him, no, not enough to lessen his blows. If they were going to kill him, he was going to make sure they had to work for it. Make his claim, unlike the others', matter. He was going to give them a bad time... After easily dodging a slash from the human, he smiled and shrugged. "Thought I'd just stand there and take it?" He asked, though he knew they hadn't thought that for a very long time. Over time, he made them jump through complex patterns of bones, dodge blasts from the Gaster Blasters, and even both at once... He stopped. He knew this wasn't going to work. He was getting quite tired. He took a deep breath, and tried something knew, though he knew they'd probably heard it all before. After taking a breath, he began, "...That being said... You, uh, really like swinging that thing around, huh? ... Listen." He took a deep breath. "I know you didn't answer me before, but... Somewhere in there. I can feel it. There's a glimmer of a good person inside of you..." He lied. He couldn't feel it. But, despite what had happened... He still kept a miniscule amount of faith in his brother's ideology, perhaps subconsciously out of respect, perhaps to comfort himself. "The memory of someone who once wanted to do the right thing. Someone who, in another time, might have even been... A friend?" ...To Sans' surprise, the human's grip on the knife faltered, and their smile faded a bit... But just for a moment.  "C'mon, buddy. Do you remember me? Please, if you're listening... Let's forget all of this, okay? Just lay down your weapon, and... Well, my job will be a lot easier." He said. The human, they... They shook just a bit... But, despite this, he still had to dodge the blade that was eventually thrust at him. He gave a shaky sigh as he did. "I guess you like doing things the hard way, huh?" Sans asked. He then began attacking the human in a way he believed would confused them. But they were expecting it, dodging most of it with relative ease. Sans closed his eyes for a moment as the human took a bite out of a Legendary Hero. He rather disliked the cat that was at the counter at the burger joint in Mettaton's hotel. Why the Hell would he sell the human anything? ... Maybe he just stopped caring. Sans couldn't do that. Not now. But he understood. His dislike of the cat lessened. But that did not occupy his thoughts at that point, not even close. He just did his best. It was tiring, very tiring. He was perspiring. The human. They took some damage. But not much. Not enough. Soon, it came to that point. His last resort. He closed his eyes and sighed. "Listen, kid. All this fighting is really tiring me out... And if you keep pushing me, I'll be forced to use my special attack." He said, between two times it was Sans' turn. "Yeah, my special attack. Sound familiar?" He asked, when he hadn't killed the human yet. "Because my next turn, I'm gonna use it. So, uh, this would be a pretty good time to die." Sans said. His next attack, they still hadn't died. He chuckled. "Well, are you ready? Survive this, and I'll show you my special attack." Sans had said. The human made a small, frustrated sigh that told Sans they'd been here before... But not gotten past it. Sans chuckled as he watched the human go through his attack before his special attack. Until it approached the end. They'd done so well. He sighed as he watched them run hurriedly in a circle from the Gaster Blasters which also formed a circle, firing their blasts just behind the human... Now? Sans held nothing back. He grabbed hold of the human's SOUL with what they'd likely call 'telekinesis', and threw them against the pillars, ground and ceiling. He did not relent. He bashed them as hard as he possibly could. But their Determination hung on... Once he was too tired to continue, he sighed. "...Alright. That's it. It's time for my special attack. Are you ready...? Here goes nothing." He said, and softly closed his eyes...