It's Raining Somewhere Else

...Sans stood there. His eyes were still closed. More than anything, he was resting for now. He was so tired... He just wanted to lie down and take a nap... He knew that, even after the human killed them, they could RESET, and he'd have his brother, his friends, everyone- back... Right...?... No. He didn't... The words echoed through his head: "Absolute temporal erasure over all possible timelines." He couldn't take the chance that those words that were told to him so long ago were incorrect. Sans' words were no lie: He couldn't afford not to care anymore. But... Every attack... Every blaster, every bone, they'd survived... But he gave a silent chuckle, trying to imagine how many times it took them to do it. Now? He knew no attack like that would work. If he were to use it, the human would have memorized it already... But... This was no game. Sans couldn't keep dodging forever. He knew that... He knew that. Instead, he took a shaky sigh, opening his eyes to see the human's confused gaze. "Yep." He said, waiting for the echo to come back to him in the long Corridor. "This is it." He said. "It's... Literally nothing." He said.. "And it's not going to be anything, either." He said. Their face slowly turned into a look of realization. He chuckled. "Ya' get it?" He knew they did. "I know I can't beat you." He said. Their surprise... That meant they hadn't been here before... Were they truly going to give up? They had to. "One of your turns... You're just gonna, well, kill me." He said. "So, I've decided it not going to be your turn, ever." He said. His pupils disappeared. "Even if we have to stand here until the end of time." He said.. The human, he saw, stayed Determined. Sans resisted the urge to sigh. "Capiche?" He asked. The human stayed there, waiting. Sans waited as well. He knew this feeling. His eyes slowly closed... No. "You'll get bored here." He said.  "If you haven't gotten bored already, I mean... Then? You'll... Finally quit." He said. He waited a moment, then sighed quietly, closing his eyes. "I know your type..." He said, then opened his eyes. "You're, uh, very determined, aren't you?" They hadn't needed to answer. "You'll never give up, even if there's, uh... No benefit to persevering whatsoever... If I can make that clear. No matter what, you'll keep going... Not out of any desire for good or evil. Just because you think you can... And because you 'can'... You 'have to'..." He said. The human... Looked distant for a moment. Sans was correct. But they stayed Determined. The human waited. A few times, they tried running. Sans just smiled and showed them a shortcut back to the spot in the center, where Sans had put them... But they stayed, and stayed... Sans waited, and waited... His eyes began fluttering closed... Just as Sans realized what was happening, he jumped out of the way, just in time. The human had tried to strike him. Sans chuckled, and put his arms up in a shrugging motion. "Didja really think you'd be abl-" And then Sans stopped talking. He didn't know why. But when he got to his senses, he found he was on the ground... The human above them... Their knife stained red. Their face... He decided not to take the effort to grace that with a description. He moved his hand slowly to his wound. He looked onto his glove... He chuckled, spurting the red liquid everywhere. His brother was right... He did drink too much ketchup, didn't he?... "...Welp..." He managed to get out. He shrugged again. "Guess that's it, huh?" He asked, and managed to stand up. "Just... Don't say I didn't warn you..." He said. He chuckled again. "Welp... I'm going to Grillby's." He said. He slowly walked away, with labored breathing, as his fingertips began losing feeling. He looked down. They were gone... He was turning to dust. Not as much pain as he thought it'd be... He looked back to the human. No. He turned back. He didn't care about them. He didn't care... He didn't care... In just a moment, he fell backwards against one of the pillars that lined the Corridor, his eyes closed. All of a sudden, everything was bright. he slowly opened his eyes. The light from the Corridor's windows... They lit a figure that was standing over Sans. "Lazybones!" It said, in a voice familiar to Sans. "Sleeping on the job!" He exclaimed, exasperated. He then sighed. "How am I supposed to find a human with a lazybones brother like this?" He asked, to no one in particular. Sans gave a genuine smile, a contrast from the faltering one he previously wore. "...Papyrus... Do you want anything?" He quietly asked, as the last of him faded to dust. ... The human moved on.

...

...

...

...

...

...

Death. Hatred. Dust. Betrayal. Desperation. Tears of friends and loved ones... And that's when Sans woke up.

🎉 You've finished reading [SPOILERS] Undertale Genocide: A Bad Time (Sans' Perspective) [[Completed]] 🎉