T H R E E

I looked up at him, his put together look, different from how I saw him this morning. He sat next to me and put his arm over my shoulder.

"This is how its going to start"

I looked at him with wonder,  His white button up shirt, the dress pants he was wearing, what was odd was that he had the same black vans from hours before.

"First, you'll feel the pain, then you'll feel like you don't care, but fuck it, you care. Second is up to you, you can hurt or you can have fun and move on"

I looked at him confused, "You seem broken inside, but you're different than the others" he said

"Others?" I questioned

"Everyone else out there in the world, they are all stupid, dull, harm others, you seem the opposite, you care,  you see,  you hold back, you're like I was"

I didn't know if this meant I was special in a good way, or if I was too sensitive. I don't even to this day understand how he came up with that sentence about me. 

"We should go somewhere, follow me" he removed his am from my shoulders, and as he stood in front of me he put out his hand, "you coming?" I put my hand out, taking his hand in mine and he pulled me up.

I followed this complete stranger and ended up in his apartment, it was small and cramped. The floor scattered with dirty clothes including the clothes I saw him wearing that morning. He was still holding onto my hand, our fingers interlocked with one another's.

He pushed me near this small closet and turned on the light once we were both inside. Clothes on hangers all around us. A mirror huddled in the corner. The room might've been bigger without all the clothes in it. He pulled out a flannel shirt that had the sleeves ripped off and he looked at me. He looked me up head to toe.

He tilted his head sideways almost as if he was thinking too much.
"Blue jeans" he said I stood still as he looked through all the pants he had.
"Those won't work" he mumbled looking at my black gym shorts.

He made me hold the pair of jeans and the red flannel in front of me. "Try it on" He looked away noticing I was uncomfortable and I changed into it, buttoning up the flannel I mumbled that I was done. He put me in front of the mirror.

"How do you feel?" He asked, his voice sending shivers down my spine, his breath on my shoulder.

Inside my heart was a puzzle with a billion piece, my emotions, everywhere I could feel mini people in my heart trying to put them together but failing.

"About the outfit I mean" he corrected himself most likely because he saw how upset I was on my face.

"It's unlike something I'd wear, but I strangely like it" I admitted and he smiled, "great"

I put my white sneakers back on.

"Now tell me, what's on your mind" he asked me, his hand touching right above my chest, he moved it up the few inches to my shoulder.

"You can tell me" he said reassuringly 
I felt like I could trust him.