S E V E N

I held his hand and took him to the same diner I had my first date at, on the way there I answered every question he had about that day, "What did she eat, what did you eat, what table where you at"  "what did you both drink, did you share a milkshake, what was the first thing she said to you"

We entered the dinner and Taehyung spoke up to the lady holding the menus, "can we pick our table?" he asked with a smile and she nodded. He turned to me and whispered, "take me to that table" I took him there and sat in the spot I did. 

"He'll have a burger and fries, I'll have pancakes, with extra whipped cream, and we will share a large chocolate milk shake, with a pink and blue straw" 

I looked at him wide eyed. She smiled as she took our order then she walked away. 

"What are you"

"So Jungkook, what is your favorite thing about me" 

I pictured her sitting in front of me, twirling her hair, smiling at me, saying those exact words. But it wasn't her in front of me, it was Taehyung. He wasn't twirling his hair, he was resting his chin on the palm of his hand, his fingers curled,hidding his smile. His eyes looking straight into mine.

"your eyes" I said and he tilted his head.

"Is that what you told her?"

"no"

He looked down at the table. He smiled at the empty table top. 

"Really? My eyes?" he questioned and I laughed nervously 

"yes" 

He smiled so widely his eyes practically closed.

"I also like your smile but it restricts me from seeing your eyes"

"maybe thats why they say people look better when they are sad" Taehyung says and he stops smiling as he looks in thought. Our food and milkshake get put onto the table and he smiles again. 

"You're full of quotes aren't you?" I asked as he stuffed his face with pancakes getting whipped cream all over his lips.

"I don't mean to be" he said his voice muffled because of all the food he had in his mouth.

Thats something I remember about him the most, those quotes he would say, he'd pull them from the air, from a book he read, from his head, from anywhere. I never found out the exact places he got the quotes from but the way he said them, so much emotion, so little emotion, it was him. 

"are you going to eat all of those?" he asked pointing to my fries, I shook my head and he put his whipped cream stained fork on my plate and took some of my fries. 

When we went to drink the milkshake it happened to be at the same time like in those classic movies, we laughed like idiots when we both looked up as we were drinking and our eyes met. It wasn't a fully awkward laugh. We both must have thought it was so cliche. 

"I broke character didn't I" he asked me after I paid the check, he wanted to pay but I told him on my first date I paid.  

"It was better than my first date" I admitted and he put his hand in mine. 

"Where was the place you first kissed her?" He asked me and without saying anything I took him to an arcade that was just around the corner. 

I took him to the back of the room where the claw machines were, no one was in sight.

"Kiss me" he said and I didn't move, "Kiss me" He said more demandingly, I put my hands on both side of his face. I lost track of our surroundings, the fact he was a guy, the fact I was a guy. I lost track of what others might think if they saw us. 

I closed my eyes as I got closer to him, his hands went to the back of my neck.Our lips met, the kiss got deeper, it wasn't just a peck on the lips, it was, it was more than that.