Backstage Pass

"I'm going home," Nicki tried to walk out of the room but Maya stepped in front of the door. She eyed Nicki and tried to hold in her laugh.

"I don't know why you're so nervous. We've been practicing weeks for this," she shook her head. Nicki tried to breathe in and out but failed horribly.

"It's out first live TV performance. I know I'm gonna mess up," she groaned as she sat on the couch in their dressing room. Emery walked in the room and sighed when she saw Nicki.

"I know your ass ain't scared. You are not about to back out of this. It's our first live TV performance, not to mention that it's the BET awards. I've spent years in front of my TV making fun of people who mess up. We are not about to be that group," she pulled Nicki up.

"But there are so many celebrities and we're opening the award show. Do you know how nerve racking that is? I just graduated high school a couple of months ago and now I'm opening an award show," she took a few deep breaths and calmed down a bit.

"You're the baby of the group. I've been out of high school for three years and Emery has for two. I know it's a lot to take in but calm down," Maya told Nicki just as they heard a knock.

"We're ready for you," someone said from the door.

"You ready?" Emery eyed Nicki.

"Born ready," she put on her signature smirk and walked out of the dressing room. Drake took a few more pictures before walking in the building.

"I hate the red carpet man," he groaned before walking to his seat.

"You've been saying that for the past five years," Noah shook his head at him. They go through the same routine at every award show. Drake only shows up to the shows that he wants to and tonight he's nominated six times for his sixth album.

"Who's opening?" He eyed the stage.

"A new girl group called Music's Trinity," he informed him. Drake scrunched up his face at the answer. Since when are r&b girl groups back?

"You know if they're good or not?" He asked Noah.

"They call them the sexiest group since Destiny's Child," Noah smirked as the lights dimmed. There was a bunch of smoke before a girl popped up. Her name flashed on the screen in the back and it said Maya. Another girl popped up and it said Emery. The last girl popped up and she got the most cheers. Drake couldn't take his eyes off of her. Her name flashed and it said Nicki. They nailed their performance and had everyone on their feet the whole time. Drake wished that their performance lasted longer just so he could stare at Nicki.

"I'm bout to head backstage to get ready," he told Noah.

"You're leaving ten minutes early. I know you tryna holla at shorty," he smirked.

"Man shut up," Drake shook his head with a smile before heading backstage. He decided to stop by Music's Trinity's dressing room just to congratulate them. He knocked on the door and Maya answered. Her eyes went wide as she stared at Drake in shock.

"You're Drake," she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Yeah I am last time I checked," he chuckled at her.

"Um come in," she quickly moved aside and let him in. He looked around but didn't spot Nicki. "Oh I'm Maya, that's Emery, and the one back there on the phone is Nicki," she pointed to them. Drake looked over to the couch and saw Nicki on the couch talking on her phone. She glanced over at him before responding to whoever she was talking to.

"You girls did amazing. I haven't seen a group that good since Destiny's Child," he understood why they opened the show. They were truly a talented group.