Pure of Heart I

Nicki sighed when she saw her bills pile up. She knew that it was only a matter of time before she gets kicked out of her house. "Just call him Nic," Elena encouraged her. Elena has been Nicki's best friend for years and she's always been there for her.

"I can't do that," she shook her head. She refused to pick up that phone and call him. He didn't need her so she didn't need him.

"This is beyond you now. Don't do it for you, do it for Kari," she reminded her. Nicki sighed because she knew that it was true. She couldn't have Kari live like this.

"You're right," she grabbed her phone and typed his number. She was terrified to press call but she sucked it up and punched the button. Her heart started beating faster at each dial tone.

"Hello?" He answered. Nicki was literally frozen. She couldn't believe that she actually did this. "Hello?" He called out again. Nicki looked at Elena and she motioned for her to talk. "I don't have time for this," he was about to hang up.

"Wait!" She finally spoke. Drake thought that he was hearing things because this couldn't be who he thought it was.

"Onika?" He called out and she sighed.

"Yeah," she hasn't spoken to him in years but she couldn't back out this time. It's more than just her.

"Wow," he was still in a bit of shock. He remembered back when she left him and all he had was a note.

Dear Drake,

I'm done with all the stress and letting our parents run this relationship. It's obvious that you're delusional enough to listen to them. I don't know at which point in your life did you think that it was okay to disrespect me but I am not a hoe in any way, shape, or form. You are the biggest asshole and I never want to see you again. I'm leaving and I don't want to be found. If you thought that I would stay with you after all that you've said then you must not know me. I'm doing whatever the hell I want to do and I don't need anyone's support. I'll make it on my own and I'll be fine without you. Have a fucked up life Drake.

Nicki

"Look, I'm not calling you for small talk. I just need you to do something for me," she held her breath and prepared for what she was about to say.

"You know that I'd do anything for you," he would do anything she said. He had thirteen long years filled with regret. He wished that he could change everything and just have her back in his life. They could've been married with children if it wasn't for what he did.

"I need you to take care of our daughter for a while," she blurted out. Drake took the phone away from his ear and looked at it before placing it back.

"I'm sorry; did you just say our daughter?" He didn't believe what he was hearing. He couldn't possibly have a daughter.

"I kept the baby Drake," she didn't want to remember the memories. That year was the hardest year of her life.

"Either you get rid of the baby or I'll do it for you!" He yelled at her. Nicki couldn't believe that he would say something like that to her.

"You can't be serious Aubrey," she had tears rolling down her face. No one wanted to support her but she wouldn't give up.

"I'm dead serious," his voice sent chills down her body. She has never seen him act like this and she was fearful for her life.

"Fine," she agreed before walking away. She wasn't gonna abort her baby so she knew that the best thing to do was to leave. She'll go somewhere no one would think she would go and not leave a trace of her behind.