7 // Mara

.:Mariko's POV:.

The next morning, I find myself still thinking about the previous night. It's hard to get the image of a perfect body like Kakashi's out of my head. 

I head into the kitchen and open the fridge looking for something to eat. I end up settling for a sad bowl of stale cereal.

When I'm half-way done the cereal, I hear a knock on the door. Checking the kitchen clock, I get up to answer it.

"Who the hell would come to my house at nine in the morning?" I voice out loud. I unlock the door and open it.

"Surprise!!!" exclaims the girl standing at my door. Her hair is long and wavy, tied in a loose ponytail that cascades down her back. She's at least a few inches taller than me and has a bright smile plastered onto her face.

"Mara?!" I say in shock, as she bustles in past me and drops a duffel bag on the living room floor along with a large box.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" she questions as she takes off her backpack and sits at the kitchen table.

"I mean, yeah, it's just so sudden..." I answer, closing the door. And it was true, I hadn't seen her for five months, not since she had accompanied me for a few weeks during my training.

"Well, I thought I'd pay my favourite little sister a visit! God, I haven't been in Konoha for ages!" she ponders as she pulls my half-eaten cereal bowl towards her and digs in.

"Not for four years" I say, seating myself across from her. "How long are you staying?"

"Just a week," she replies, shoveling more cereal into her mouth. I sigh.

"Well, I don't have a place for you to sleep so you're gonna have to find an inn or something," I declare, but something about her expression worries me.

"Don't worry, I brought an inflatable mattress," she states, smiling.

"You brought...an inflatable mattress?" I repeat, giving her a quizzical look.

"Yeah, it's in that box," she continues. I look over to where she dropped all her luggage and sure enough, there's a beat up, brown cardboard box. I stare at all her bags for a moment. I couldn't believe how much Mara had packed for one week. But then again, she was never able to pack light.

"You sure brought a lot of stuff..." I comment. At this point, she has already finished the cereal and is taking out the inflatable mattress from its box.

"Where should I set up?" she asks enthusiastically. I shrug.

"I guess the living room is fine."

☆☆☆☆☆

By lunch time, Mara has completely taken over my house. All her clothes are sprawled out on the couch and there are dirty dishes piling up on the kitchen table. Her makeup litters the bathroom counter, lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes left open and mascara staining the ceramic sink. The only room untouched by her recklessness is my own.

"So are we gonna go out for lunch?" she questions. She's lounging on the couch reading a magazine.

"If you want," I start. "We could go to Ichiraku Ramen."

But before she can answer, I hear a knock coming from the balcony door. Fuck.

"Who the hell is that?" complains Mara as I head over to the door. I open it half-way and see Kakashi standing there looking quite happy without his mask.

"Hey!" he says in an upbeat tone.

"Hey," I reply uneasily. "Listen, right now isn't really a good time---"