12

God, don't leave me like this.

He was breathless, intoxicated just by the feel of her, by the smell of her, just by her.

Her. Lydia Martin.

He'd waited so long to meet her, to see her, to see that golden smile in person.

She was standing in the lobby when he walked in, looking completely out of place in skinny jeans and a stripy t-shirt amidst the gold ornate ceilings and expensive carpets. When she saw him, her entire face changed, lighting up. Lighting up at him.

She'd taken a step forwards, then hesitated, her arms hanging halfway at her sides like she was afraid to hug him, afraid to touch him.

Stiles wasn't afraid to touch her. He'd ran straight at her, not caring about the confused-looking receptionist, and picked her up, swinging her around and laughing. Her emerald eyes glittered, and as he set her down lightly, she reached up and hugged him properly, beaming.

They didn't speak for a moment, just breathing in each other. Stiles was taken over by a sudden urge to kiss her, to feel those lips on his, but pressed it down before it could grow.

That would ruin everything.

After a few moments, Lydia stepped back from him, her mouth curved up in an irresistible smile. 'Fuck,' she breathed. 'I've missed you so much.'

Stiles laughed, grinning at her. 'We've never even met before, Lyds.'

'You know what I mean.' She grinned back at him, then reached forwards and hugged him again, laughing. 'I can't stop smiling.'

'I know,' Stiles whispered, and pulled her so close to him he was almost sure it would hurt. She didn't complain, though, she breathed into him.

This is perfect, Stiles thought. This is what I've been looking for.