3. You Are Loved

I feel better.

I heard, I felt.

But now I feel worse.

I feel like I'm dying again. I'm not healing.

This is bad, this is very very bad.

I needed to get better for someone.

For me.

But I don't know how to do that.

I need help.

I need the darkness to go away.

I need a friend, a friend that isn't nothing, a friend that is something, can do something, can say something, can taste something, can smell something, can hear something, can be something, can touch something, can see something.

I need a friend that is someone.

Then the wind came again, but instead of taking. It gave.

It gave love, it took pity. I was still alive.

And so I felt alive, not as alive as I should, but just enough to tell me I was there.

And I heard things, things that only people who lived could hear.

Maybe I could be my own friend. But also my own enemy.

I was having a Love/Hate Relationship with myself.

It was the dumbest thing I had ever done, it was stupid.

"She got worse. Kione, she is in a critical state. You may not be able to see her until we know that she's getting better." Someone said, I think that it was a man, but I don't know.

"Dr Johnson, please. She's my little sister, I need to see her. I'm all she's got left." The voice from before said.

I tried, I really did. I tried to talk, I wanted to say hello, get me out of this black hole. But my voice was swallowed into the void of nothing.

It was quiet, but I knew that I could still hear. There was a beeping noise, I think that it was a monitor for my breathing or heart. Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep

It just went on and on and on and on and on, forever. It didn't stop, and it was always the same distance away from the previous one, and the volume didn't fall or rise. It was always just beep beep beep.

I could still feel. I was on a vinyl hospital bed, and I still had an oxygen mask on my face. I was just waiting for something different to happen, a change in the pattern. But t never came, I was still in my little black void, waiting for something, for someone. Just one little change in the pattern.

But then, I thought, could I do something, something to make myself wake up. Could I move my fingers, or my toes, or could I speak, or just hitch my breathing or pop a blood vessel, or feel the pain, instead of the things around me.

Then, it was like a mirical. 

I saw it.

I was worse than I thought. I had my legs and my left arm in a cast. and my face, it didn't even look like my face. and even though you could see my chest rising and falling, my breathing was so slow and small and quiet, that you couldn't tell if I was breathing or not. And I was hitched up to so many cords and machines. I had an IV drip and these things on my chest and my forehead. And if you looked closely you could see little shards of glass in my skin, and I was all scratched up, there wasn't a square 10 centermeters on my skin that didn't have a scab, cut or scar or piece of glass, or something that wouldn't normally be there.

And my room was so bland, it was the ugly hospital green colour and it was just a white and green dot patterned sheet instead of a lovely duvet that most people sleep under. And it was like someone could have a funeral, the atmosphere was surrounded with death, and it was sad that no one was there, no one was there to visit the dying helpless little girl called Sophia. No one was there, because I had died and come back to life and no one knew. That was depressing. Knowing that I wasn't getting better, and no one had come to see me in my terrible state.

No one, until the boy on the moon came.

He just slipped in the room quietly. If I hadn't seen him, then I wouldn't have known that he had come in. He walked up to my body and he whispered.

"Sophia Belgrave. My name is Elliot. And you need to get better, because you just do. You don't know me, this is our first encounter. And when you wake up, if you don't remember me, then that's ok. I just want you to wake up, so that I can meet the real you, the one who isn't lying on a hospital bed in a coma. I have to go now, before someone sees me here in the ICU, I'm not meant to come here, but it's okay to brake the rules, as long as no one gets hurt, and someone gets better." He says.

 Elliot

He was the boy on the moon. And I didn't know that we were going to be the best of friends, and the worst people to leave in a hospital unattended, because we were young, I was dumb, and he lived on the moon.