And the Crowd Goes Wild

I'm bumping to Drunk in Love by Beyonce ft Jay-z while I pack away my stuff. No more than two minutes into the song does someone taps me on my shoulder. I turn around to find that Laurent is towering over me. The crowd is clearing out and it's just me, Alesia, him, and Larry. ANd he has this huge grin on his face like something just lit up his world. My heart starts to flutter and it's not under my control but I really wish it was because soon it will be showing all over my face. I take a deep breath and give him my undivided attention.

"Hey, what's up?" I say

"I was wondering if umm you want to go out tonight hit up a couple of clubs maybe? A girl like you seems to be the type to go party with eh?" He's still cheesing hoping i'll take the bait. I know he just wants to get me out. So I say..

"No, sorry I can't, I have to baby-sit my niec-"

"Uh no you don't, you don't have a niece to babysit" Alesia interjects ever so kindly

I'm probably turning really red but i'm not going to make it embarrass me. I start to stand. What excuse am I going to give this man not to go out with him. I just don't want nothing to lead to anything. Because right now this is nothing... I hope

"W-well I can't" I respond again not being able to come up with a good excuse.

" So... You no want to go out with me to the club?" His smile falters just a lil

" It's not that, I would lov-" I begin to say

"Then I pick you up at one okii?"

And at that, Laurent and Larry are gone with the wind. I don't realize that my mouth is wide open until Alesia pounce on me.

" Girl why you trying to make excuses, he is FINE you need to go out with him to the club. It can't do you no harm." With her hands on her hips. She getting a little toosassy for me since it's not her life that needs dictating.

" I'm just not feeling it. I don't want to go anywhere tonight. Why can't i just stay home" I say with my head down. I really don't want to look into her eyes because she mght make my resolve melt.

"Child you're reckless, He's fine go out with the dude. Plus you haven't been out since you and T broke up. It's time girl. All you've ever been is here, home and back since. Explore a little. Stop moping, I bet he isn't." she says.

She's right though. I do need to get out. Live a little because all that's been on my mind is Trevor.

"Ughh fine okay, okay i'll go, under one condition" I conclude

"What?" she asks confused

"You be my right hand gyal, because mi nah go if yuh nuh di deh" [ You be my right hand girl, because i'm not going if your not there] I say

"FIne, it's a deal then"