Chap 2 "Financial Issues"

Katie's POV
"Katie, why didn't you pick up?" Mom asked.
"Well, Mom, I was asleep," I replied. "I didn't have time. Is everything okay?"
"No, not really," Mom sighed. "Katie, I lost my job so I won't be able to pay for your books."
"Okay, what about Dad?" I asked.
"Your father is in Kansas," Mom replied. "I'm sorry honey. Look, I'll make it up to you when I get a new job."
"Mom, you're not going to find a better job than NCIS," I sighed. "What did you do?"
"They found out that I had an affair years ago before I met your father," Mom replied. "That affair just happened to be with one of my team members."
"Was that Tony?" I asked.
"Yeah, and he lost his job too," Mom sighed. "I'll make it up to you, honey."
"No, look, it's fine," I sighed. "I'll see if I can find something before I start my classes." I hung up. I looked around and found a Professor Vasquez that I'll be his assistant. First impression wasn't so well from him anyways. The guy was harsh. I could see why he went through twelve assistants his first five years of teaching there. I went back to my suite and everyone was there. "Hey guys."
"Is everything okay, Katie?" Jessica asked.
"No. My mom lost her job so I have to pay for my books and then I got a job to help with my tuition," I sighed. "My first assignment as Professor Vasquez's assistant is to digitized his second novel by typing it." I looked at the book. "It's about a thousand pages long and he wants it done by tomorrow morning." I put the book down. "Even by morning, I'll only have a couple hundred pages done."
"Well, if we all work together, we should get it done," Tyler nodded.
"You guys would help me with my first project?" I asked.
"Yeah," Jessica nodded. "I'd have to cancel the frat parties I was going to tonight but I'll rather help you out."
"Yeah, I don't have anything to do tonight," Abbie nodded.
"We want you to stay here, Katie," Chris replied. "That's all we want."
"Thank you guys," I smiled. "You guys are the best! I'm just glad you were are willing to help me stay." I looked at them. "You guys are really seriously the greatest friends ever."

A/N: Will be in Katie's POV most of the time. So won't be switching POVs. I will let you know the chapter before it happens. Happy Reading! Xoxo ~Alexis