Nine~Tap (part 2)

Corey came over for breakfast, I'd called him and pretty much forced him to come over. I was trying to spend my last few weeks before shooting as care free as possible.

I made pancakes for the 3 of us. I am a pretty good cook. We sat around the table. Corey grabbed my seat by the legs and pulled it towards his. Edward and Corey where pretty close friends, but I think it was still awkward. Thus I spared him to image of his cousin kissing one of his best friends.

We sat talking, joking, laughing. A sound that if once heard before rang in the air.

That tap sound.

I shushed them both and pointed to the basement. Edward dropped his fork on his plate and walked over. Corey followed. My heart started beating faster. Trouble. I could feel it.

I hurried over to the door. "In movies, if you go in the basement, 9 out of 10 times you die.", I said.

Edward looked at me with a brave face. "Nobody is gonna die.", he said. I wasn't so sure. Edward got a flashlight and headed down into God knows what. Corey and I stood at the door. "You gonna follow him?", I asked. He looked at me. He stammered, "Uh-we-n-n....yes.", he said. He looked at me. "If I die, tell my mom I love her.", he said. He took one last glance at me before heading down the steps.

I followed down the stairs to...but I went and got a knife first.

Once we all where in the basement, we listened carefully to the tap. I kind of hid behind Corey, and he kind of hid behind Edward.

We followed single file into the closet-room. The room was brighter in the morning. But that didn't help much. Edward circled the room looking for the tap source. This time it wasn't the heater. Edward mumbled to himself. "It's....it's coming from the wall.", he said turning to face us. "What?", Corey and I asked in unison. I walked to the wall the held my breath. It was coming from the wall. It wasn't the heater, it must have been coming from the wall last time too.

"It is.", I reported. "But...what is it?"

Edward and Corey shared a glance. "Pipes?", Edward said. "Pipes.", Corey said.

I inhaled softly and felt relieved. "Okay. Let's get out of here.", I said as I walked passed them.

Pipes. Pipes. Pipes.

I kept telling myself it was the pipes. Edward and Corey where right, it was the pipes. But the smallest bit of worry remained in the back of my mind.

We sat back down in silence, the tap was still there but ever so faint. We finished the food.

This was far from the normal.